Seven Motorsport Coverage

A new era of Supercars on Seven

A new era of Supercars on Seven

Seven’s Jack Perkins to step behind the mic and the wheel for historic Newcastle 500

Sports fans are strapping themselves in for a thrilling 2023 Supercars season, as the Repco Supercars Championship kicks off with this weekend’s Thrifty Newcastle 500, live and free on Channel 7, 7mate and 7plus.

With five hours of live coverage each day, leading sports broadcaster Mark Beretta and Super2 driver Jack Perkins will take viewers live to the Newcastle Street Circuit for all the action from 12.30pm AEDT this Saturday and Sunday on Seven.

In an exciting first, Seven’s coverage will be co-anchored by a driver in the race, as Jack Perkins switches from behind the microphone to behind the wheel for the Super2 throughout the thrilling weekend.

Ahead of the historic race – which will see the unveiling of the new Gen 3 liveries – Perkins shared his excitement, as he embarks on his first race as a primary driver in three years, with Erebus Motorsport.

“I’m rapt to be back with Seven, alongside Beretts for this weekend’s live and free Newcastle 500 broadcast,” Perkins said.

“Doubling broadcast duties while I race Super2 also gives me a chance to offer unique insights for the viewers, which I’m really looking forward to.

“It’s such an exciting time for Supercars as we finally welcome the Gen 3 cars in the new Chevrolet versus Ford era, which is so exciting for the drivers, teams and fans. We’re all looking forward to some great racing this weekend in Newcastle. Bring it on,” he said.

Seven’s resident motorsport expert, Mark Beretta, said he’s never been so excited for a Supercars season.

“New season, new cars, new drivers, Newcastle!” he said. “The Mustang and Camaro cars are really next generation, and they look big, tough and mean. This is the most exciting start to a new season of Supercars that I’ve ever seen.”

Motorsport icons Neil Crompton and Mark Skaife will also be part of the coverage, along with fan favourites Jess Yates, Garth Tander and Chad Neylon.

Throughout the 2023 Supercars season, fans can immerse themselves in all the high-octane action, with seven of the sport’s biggest races available live, free and in HD* on Seven and 7plus.

Motorsport fans can also head to 7plus for local motorsport categories including the Bosch Motorsport Australia Rally Championship (ARC), Polaris Motorsport Australia Off Road Championship, the Shannons Trophy Series, Australian Top Fuel and Night Thunder Speed Cars in 2023, and a new season of the ever-popular Motorsport Classics.

Following the ARC dates, the EROAD Power Stage will continue to be live streamed on 7plus on the Sunday of each event, while the post-event highlights from each round of the ARC will be screened on 7mate.

Seven’s world-class coverage will continue uninterrupted during commercial breaks, through cutting edge picture-in-picture (PiP) technology introduced during the 2021 season.

Supercars on Seven – Newcastle 500 From 12.30pm AEDT Saturday and Sunday on Channel 7 and 7mate
Stream all the action live, free and in HD on 7plus*

1 Like

Is that a typo and it’s meant to say six or are Seven airing an additional live round compared to previous years?

1 Like

Still six rounds of the championship from what I can tell - unless they also included the Bathurst 12-Hour earlier this year (which Supercars also promote, thus might’ve been part of the deal as they did cover it, but is primarily a GT3/GT4 event) in the “seven races”.

1 Like

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/2023-championship-broadcast-details-confirmed/

Six rounds on Seven. + possibly one on Ten (AGP)

5 Likes

but why say they are airing Seven rounds live on 7, it will be a shocked to me if 3 networks air the Supercars at Albert Park at the same time.

At last year’s Australian Grand Prix, the Supercars round was shown live on Fox Sports and 10, with late night highlights on Seven. I think the same arrangements will apply for next month’s races.

2 Likes

I think it’s just a typo.

The only other possible thing I could think of is Seven having done a deal since that original November statement to cover the return of the Sandown 500 (which was slated to be Foxtel-exclusive), but I don’t see anything on the Supercars site about that having happened - and unfortunately Supercars’ “TV schedule” only covers the “next” round. So tempted to just consider it a typo.

1 Like

Email from Seven, confirms the live events.

The 7 events on FTA would be including the round on 10 sport during the Aus GP coverage.

4 Likes

2 Likes

New graphics package this season.

1 Like

2 Likes

The white on light grey for cars in the pitlane is a shocker. Other than that, a bit small but not too bad.

Reports on Foxtel’s Facebook community that there will be changes made to the graphics tomorrow.

2 Likes

Graphics on Seven

2 Likes

That cap showing ‘top speed’ and ‘average speed’ on a video wall. Is that a physical set or a virtual studio. Do the presenters ever stand infront of it or is it just for graphics?

1 Like

Virtual and for graphics’ sake.

According to online guides and Australian Grand Prix on-track schedule, Fox Sports will show all four Supercars races at Albert Park. 10 will only show races 2-4 live from Friday to Sunday. No late night highlights on Seven for the first two races on Thursday and Friday.

2 Likes

I thought there was, late Saturday and Sunday is my guess.

1 Like

There are none scheduled for Saturday or Sunday on 7 on the online guides, so unless there is a late change, Seven won’t be showing highlights from the Grand Prix weekend.

1 Like

12.45am Sunday and Monday is what is shown in my EPG

1 Like