Seven Melbourne

I still don’t know why they can’t show the appeal on 7two while the footy is on.

1 Like

Why split the audience when the AFL is part of the appeal?

5 Likes

The Super Show will be returning once again to light up the Good Friday Appeal Telethon with a star-studded cast of Aussie Talent!

The Good Friday Appeal Super Show is back again this year featuring a stellar line-up of entertainers, including iconic Aussies Samantha Jade, Leo Sayer, Anthony Callea, Ross Wilson, and the cast of Beautiful.

Don’t miss out on an evening of fun, glamour, and entertainment. Supershow hosts for this year are David Koch, Andrew O’Keefe, Peter Mitchell, Melissa Doyle, Hamish McLachlan and Lawrence Mooney.Ensure to stay tuned in to see some of your favourite stars from Home and Away, House Rules and The Chase Australia on the panel!

All proceeds from tickets sold going toward supporting the kids at The Royal Children’s Hospital

Buy Tickets

3 Likes

Or simply don’t have AFL on Good Friday. I’m all in favour of capitalism giving us a job and financial security, but 2/365 off wouldn’t hurt.

1 Like

Seven Melbourne have a new promotional add airing with local celebrities.

:heart: 7 Melb

It looks good.

AFL Commentators
Seven News
Better Homes and Gardens
Home & Away
The Chase
Sunrise
MKR

2 Likes

The promo is to the tune of Rod Stewart’s You’re in My Heart. It’s quite funny. It had personalities from Home and Away, House Rules and Better Homes and Gardens too so it must have been planned months in advance.

2 Likes

“The heart of 7 is Melbourne” - new ident aired tonight.

7 Likes

Gee, pretty tacky. Say Hello would have been a bit better.

Doesn’t 2018 make it 30 years since Say Hello last aired?

1 Like

Say Hello would have finished up on HSV in 1987 around the same time as the infamous Fairfax takeover. In 1988 Seven idents used on HSV were :Let’s Celebrate 88" and “Australian Television Network”

1 Like

Network personalities playing around with hearts: Now where have I seen that idea in a TV station Ident before…

3 Likes

Seven are on such a high at the moment since gaining the cricket rights, it’s pathetic.

The AFL commentators couldn’t stop drooling last night, even every segment they could plug it they did.

And now they’re airing cringe-worthy, market loyalty promos!?

To be fair they were probably locked in well before yesterday and timed for the end of the Games and resumption of ratings tomorrow

5 Likes

I think the promo could do with better music. Heart of Melbourne and love hearts fine. But the music isn’t enthralling and in your face, for a promo with a specific statement. All ‘la di da’ and fluffy IMO. LOL

1 Like

Very cringe-worthy promo. Especially when 7 Melbourne will sack 150 people from its playout center by next year, not much heart involved with that.

4 Likes

So. Channel 7 Melbourne is telling me that I ‘better love them’…

Oh, and did I mention a certain newsreader… Was also ten years ago since someone with some disks told me to smile or else :upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I don’t mind it. Good to see a local promo, I wonder how often they’ll play it…

3 Likes

It’s good to have local promos and idents back. I remember ones like these but with “7 Melbourne”.

3 Likes

One of the better ident’s Seven have done…

I also like the shorter 10 second and 5 second ones with the city name underneath the logo like this

5 Sec

10 Sec

2 Likes

Seven Melbourne seems to be the only station that does this.

A few years ago, Adelaide, Perth and Brisbane replicated it. I think in this day and age with streaming/downloading services the networks need to emphasise more on the localness they can offer each market.

2 Likes

Last one I remember was “Seven Melbourne - Days Like This (sung by Van Morison)”.

Excellent promos :ok_hand: Catchy, engaging, well produced and diverse network talent.

@MelbTV has some videos of it on YouTube.

Edit:

4 Likes