Royal Children's Hospital Good Friday Appeal

That is their plan.

Thanks for the caps throughout the day and night Brad, they’ve been much appreciated. :slight_smile:

Rather interesting to see that the Good Friday Appeal was actually broadcast in native HD (for the first time ever probably?) this year!

5 Likes

3DB was certainly there from a long way back but they weren’t a founding partner. The appeal dated back to the 1930s as a sports day run by the Sporting Globe newspaper. 3DB, being part of the Herald and Weekly Times group like the Sporting Globe, first got involved in 1942 with its first radio appeal. Then of course HSV7 from 1957, so technically this was the 61st telethon.

Possibly was in HD during the 2000s before 7mate took over HD.

3 Likes

Could taking the appeal off air and showing the AFL affected the outcome of the final tally?

They should’ve put the appeal on 7Two while the AFL was on Seven

3 Likes

I assumed it was because Seven wanted the biggest audience possible for the game?

Remember, one of the reasons the game went ahead, was the AFL collaborating with the Good Friday Appeal.

Tickets are now on sale for the Good Friday Appeal Super Show. More details here
Tomorrow on Better Homes and Gardens, Adam Dovile visits the house at Mickleham in Melbourne’s north which has been built as part of this year’s charity auction. More details on the house here

1 Like

List of presenters on appeal day.

No Phillip Brady on at 1PM.

What has the world come to :open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

Tim Watson and Cameron Ling hosted for the first hour (9am - 10am) outside the hospital. Now it’s Tim and Jacqueline Felgate from 10am.

Michael Felgate is doing the Country board. Nick McCallum is in the hospital foyer interviewing.

Some caps of the afternoon shift:

They should ask for donations for Peter Mitchell to not sing again:

3 Likes

The GFA charity house at Mickleham in Melbourne’s north, which was featured on Better Homes and Gardens last week, has been sold at auction for $860,000.

1 Like

Some caps from the night time show:

5 Likes

Peter Mitchell/Mel Doyle very awkward.

Home and Away actress and former Bachelorette Sam Frost, and former AFL coach Mick Malthouse made their Good Friday Appeal debut tonight.

The Cash Cow 100% got the biggest laugh from the audience during the segment.

Some final caps:

5 Likes
1 Like

Jennifer Keyte is a big supporter of Good Friday Appeal and has appeared on the appeal’s promotion campaigns in the past. But can she continue the role when she joins Ten later this year, given Seven is a partner of (and has broadcast rights to) the appeal?

1 Like

I think the obvious answer here is no, it only seems to be network talent and ‘celebrities’ of sorts.

4 Likes

Pretty much. She is patron of the Good Friday Appeal but I’m sure that role will be relinquished in going to Ten.

Agreed. The chances of seeing Jennifer Keyte on the 2019 Good Friday Appeal are approximately the same as those of Lisa Wilkinson being part of the 2018 Gold Telethon (different network/market I know, but still): 0%

2 Likes