Seven HD

576p lol

3 Likes

why would they be? Seven have made strategic decisions about how they’ll tackle (or not tackle) HD. If other networks or broadcasters take a different approach then so be it. If Seven really wanted to be ahead of ABC or SBS in the so-called HD race then they’ve had 10 years to do something about it. They’ve chosen not to. And at the moment they’re the #1 network so as far as they’re concerned that’s the last laugh.

9 Likes

They may be #1 but as a commercial network, the irony or even arrogance to broadcast paid commercials in SD on the prime channel in this day and age shows contempt for their advertisers. An advertiser / agency paying huge amounts expect to at least view their products in the highest quality possible.

If an advertiser or agency chose to take their money elsewhere in search of HD then I’m sure Seven would respond. But in the meantime Seven is clearly not having problem selling advertising so it would seem advertisers aren’t too fussed about high or standard definition but more about their ads reaching the most viewers.

What? Most TV commercials are still SD anyway.

1 Like

I’ve seen plenty of TV ads produced in High Definition which have been shown in that format on Nine HD, Ten HD, etc.

But unfortunately, I can’t see advertisers choosing to not spend their money with Seven just so advertisers can have their ads shown in HD on the main channel in all markets…for now.

Yes - even on fast forward most of the adverts on 9 and 10 look HD these days :slight_smile:

That’s not necessarily correct. Audience demographics play a bigger role than just numbers. What’s the point of advertising a new car to an X Factor audience targeted at 12 year olds - or so it appeared last night :wink:

Probably not the best example. Must admit I didn’t need to watch it having been overloaded with the promos all last week. Would be interesting to check the age demographic though :slight_smile:

[quote=“digibeta, post:795, topic:895”]
An advertiser / agency paying huge amounts expect to at least view their products in the highest quality possible.
[/quote]No, they are paying huge amounts to reach as many people as people. They don’t give a flying fluffball how they are exposed to an audience, they just want exposure.

Digger from Ipswich isn’t going to ignore a Bunnings ad just because it’s in SD. Actually, he’ll ignore it because it’s an ad.

6 Likes

The list of events we’re missing out on is growing.

You guys in Melbourne and Adelaide are so lucky

If most metro viewers miss out on seeing HD coverage of the Melbourne Cup, the golf tournaments and the Summer of Tennis (all three of which are major sporting events on Seven being held outside the AFL season), I’ll disappointed but not particularly surprised.

What exactly is Seven’s reasoning for not broadcasting in HD for the next 6 months?

I’m certainly not watching the Australian Open this year due to 7 not being in HD.

1 Like

AFL says no.

3 Likes

@Sifon

Has this been verified anywhere in print or verbally by Seven or The AFL?

I think this is just a theory invented on MS - there is zero hard evidence to support Seven controls what they do with their HD channel, is there?

3 Likes