Seven HD

I would love to see the return of the 7HD logo, maybe with some modifications (e.g. replacing the black background):

4 Likes

7HD has a nice breakaway graphic as well. I think it some green in the backround.

I’m sure that blackbox has some fond memories of that show! :wink:

Personally, I don’t think it will happen as soon as many would like it to (at the moment, Seven’s main focus would be on launching 7Flix) but I definitely think that a Seven HD will be broadcasting by the end of the year. It would be quite a bad look if we had Nine, Ten, ABC (who I believe do plan to do a Nine/Ten-style switch by about mid-year) and SBS HD while “Australia’s #1 Network” remained in SD.

Note: Topic moved into the Seven Network area.

Is it possible Seven will relaunch 7HD just a week out of the AFL season? The Golden Slipper race day will be held at Sydney’s Rosehill Gardens on Saturday March 19 and Seven could use it as a test event to try out the HD coverage.

Is this confirmed? Is 7 planning to launch a HD simulcast?

there has been industry talk that they’re trying to get it up before AFL season, but nothing official no.

2 Likes

I think when 7 launched 7HD in 2007 it was a soft launch - no great fanfare, and at the time they were the first. I wouldn’t be surprised if 70HD 2016 just happened unannounced ‘sometime soon’.

1 Like

Hardly the way to launch a new service these days though.

To be fair it was pretty much a rebranding of the HD channel (from 7 HD Digital to just 7HD) and the introduction of ‘breakaway’ programming, other than that it was business as usual.

1 Like

Also, far less people had HD-capable (or even SD-capable) equipment back in 2007.

1 Like

2 weeks from the start of the AFL home and away season and we still haven’t heard what is happening with 7HD. Makes we wonder if the channel will start in March as proposed, or sometime during 2016. Maybe Seven spent too much time in setting up 7flix that it ignored 7HD.

1 Like

7HD should’ve launched on 1 February or during the Australian Open.

5 Likes

I won’t be surprised to see seven failing to launch a HD channel of 7 by the time AFL season starts. Which is not surprising given seven is not serious about HD. And it’s possible AFL will see some games on 7 mate like last year.

Realistically, I’m sure we’ll eventually see a Seven HD. It wouldn’t be a very good look if SBS, Nine, Ten and ABC all had HD primary channels while the network who prides itself on being “Australia’s #1” stuck with SD-only for it’s main channel and 7mate in HD.

Something else to keep in mind: Does Seven have enough space to have Seven HD, Seven SD, 7TWO, 7mate, 7Flix, RACING.COM and 4ME on it’s multiplex with decent picture quality for every channel?

1 Like