Seven HD

Unfortunately no.

And If they were to make 7 mate HD only (they would probably need to make it MPEG4 to do this), some people would not be able to view this channel at all since older TVs can only receive the older MPEG2 signals.

1 Like

That’s nice, but i do care about the AFL in my state, and I care about in HD. And if Seven says it works better with 7mate HD for Perth then, yeah it will work. With the two hour time during the afl season, makes sense for Channel 7 to do this for Perth.

May be a stupid idea to you or to some of you - if it works - then it works. Deal with it. :slight_smile:

But would this be a viable way to ‘force’ people to adopt MPEG-4, by using a significant multichannel?

I think it would.

Yes, but they want as many viewers as possible right now, not exclude part of their audience. Seven tried that with 7Flix and ditched the idea. The networks have MPEG4 for their main channels, but only because there’s an SD alternative.

3 Likes

yer its working very well for the afl but i still think its a bad policy for channel 7 :grin:

1 Like

So lucky to have 7HD simulcast for the midday movie. Pity those regional viwers who are missing out :slight_smile:

13 Likes

FWIW, I just checked the Foxtel EPG for Seven HD here in Perth, and it is listed as showing a simulcast of Seven up until the 28th March…

1 Like

According to my epg 7mate returns as Hd telecast on 23/3

1 Like

Same with mine in SE Queensland; says the changeover is at 12:14 AM.

Great news for AFL fans here, but no-on else :frowning:

2 Likes

How can you get that on epg when in Perth it only goes up to Wednesday 22 march

Different TVs/software show further ahead.

Next Wednesday midnight

1 Like

Apart from viewers in Adelaide & Melbourne who still get to see Seven in HD.

Don’t forget Tasmania!

1 Like

Lucky Tasmania!

As i have mention in afl coverage
1/2 of the games ftom round 1-5
Are on 7 sd in perth and 1/2 on 7 mate Hd
It just dosent make sense

1 Like

Unbelievable. Totally mind boggling. What else is there to say?

5 Likes

My response

8 Likes

Only HALF the games are on 7mate HD in WA?

Perhaps the contract with the AFL states that the games must be in HD OR be on the main channel.

I remember last year in Sydney, a finals game between the Swans and the Crows (I think) was live on 7 but wasn’t on their HD channel.

And @TV.Cynic , my response is

7HB

(7 Half Baked).

2 Likes

This is an absolute farce.

Oh well, there isn’t much on Sydney’s #2 rated main channel that interests me so it’ll be back to Nine HD, Ten HD, SBS HD and ABC HD when I get home towards the end of the month.

5 Likes