Seven HD

How can you get that on epg when in Perth it only goes up to Wednesday 22 march

Different TVs/software show further ahead.

Next Wednesday midnight

1 Like

Apart from viewers in Adelaide & Melbourne who still get to see Seven in HD.

Don’t forget Tasmania!

1 Like

Lucky Tasmania!

As i have mention in afl coverage
1/2 of the games ftom round 1-5
Are on 7 sd in perth and 1/2 on 7 mate Hd
It just dosent make sense

1 Like

Unbelievable. Totally mind boggling. What else is there to say?

5 Likes

My response

8 Likes

Only HALF the games are on 7mate HD in WA?

Perhaps the contract with the AFL states that the games must be in HD OR be on the main channel.

I remember last year in Sydney, a finals game between the Swans and the Crows (I think) was live on 7 but wasn’t on their HD channel.

And @TV.Cynic , my response is

7HB

(7 Half Baked).

2 Likes

This is an absolute farce.

Oh well, there isn’t much on Sydney’s #2 rated main channel that interests me so it’ll be back to Nine HD, Ten HD, SBS HD and ABC HD when I get home towards the end of the month.

5 Likes

Must admit, like my news in HD so I guess it’s back to 9HD.
I guess this is off topic but is MKR more ‘contrived’ than ever - and how far can they extend the series - Christmas? Anyway, it will be a ‘no go’ once 7HD goes.

2 Likes

What’s even worse is that 7 in SD is horrendous and virtually unwatchable. Ironically just like their programming, on air personalities and management.

3 Likes

Seven DickHead?

2 Likes

Yes

as well as the channel is heading Down Hill hopefully into a Dark Hole :hole:

1 Like

Why ‘hopefully’?

Would it be difficult to see a ratings change content-wise (7 and 7HD vs 7mate and 7mate HD) after 7HD becomes 7mateHD considering the AFL would pull ratings to 7mate?

If there are consequences Seven might re-think the decision. If nothing much happens as a result (as is expected) they will continue.

I’m sorry but the argument both of you are making is nonsensical. I’m not a fan of the HD split as much as the next person but to suggest that you’ll stop watching Seven (or indeed any other network) just because they don’t have a HD simulcast is ridiculous.

5 Likes

My EPG shows a switch back to 7mate HD (Sydney) from 2am next Thursday 23rd March

:cry:

Why is it taking Seven so long to make the main channel in HD as well as regional areas ?(other than Tasmania now)

ABC, SBS 9 and 10 all in HD now. WIN and SC were fast to launch HD on the main channels in regional Qld.

Is a change ever going to happen? Is it just a cost saving for Seven ? I’d love to know the exact reasoning from Seven to the public as to why they are the odd one out . If it is for the AFL , and another channel had the rights to it instead of Seven wonder if we would see HD sooner ?

–
Edited:
Also wondering if Southern Cross going HD will make Seven reconsider things in the other areas.

2 Likes