Seven HD

has any one herd any think about when 7hd is meant to be changing back??

Personally, I do not want to see Seven switch it’s HD channel back from the main channel to 7mate (in selected markets). We have Nine, Ten, the ABC and SBS broadcasting it’s main channel in HD in all major metropolitan markets, so why should we expect any different from Seven?

Even if that means AFL coverage in SD only for Sydney aside from the Grand Final and maybe important finals games featuring the Swans/Giants, then so be it. Although I don’t watch much on Seven, when I do I’d like to see main channel programing in HD!

6 Likes

Flick the switch during AFL braodcasts and flick it back at all other times. So simple. SBS used to do it for A-League.

5 Likes

Does regional Qld have the capability to receive a HD broadcast of Channel 7 in MPEG-4 ? Or has equipment not yet been upgraded?

Well it’s gonna happen theres not much you can do about it. If you don’t like it , you don’t have to watch any of Seven’s channels at all. It’s the way it is. :slight_smile: Not much we can do about it.

Anyway the main channel in HD is so wasted with Seven half of the crap on the main channel is boring as… At least 7mate has some movies (good ones at least) that are worth to watch in HD.

I can expect the change over to happen beginning of next week.

1 Like

same here couldn’t give two sh*ts about afl ahahah especially when they come up with such a stupid idea lol.

why don’t free to air ever do two hd channels? is there not enough bandwidth?

Unfortunately no.

And If they were to make 7 mate HD only (they would probably need to make it MPEG4 to do this), some people would not be able to view this channel at all since older TVs can only receive the older MPEG2 signals.

1 Like

That’s nice, but i do care about the AFL in my state, and I care about in HD. And if Seven says it works better with 7mate HD for Perth then, yeah it will work. With the two hour time during the afl season, makes sense for Channel 7 to do this for Perth.

May be a stupid idea to you or to some of you - if it works - then it works. Deal with it. :slight_smile:

But would this be a viable way to ‘force’ people to adopt MPEG-4, by using a significant multichannel?

I think it would.

Yes, but they want as many viewers as possible right now, not exclude part of their audience. Seven tried that with 7Flix and ditched the idea. The networks have MPEG4 for their main channels, but only because there’s an SD alternative.

3 Likes

yer its working very well for the afl but i still think its a bad policy for channel 7 :grin:

1 Like

So lucky to have 7HD simulcast for the midday movie. Pity those regional viwers who are missing out :slight_smile:

13 Likes

FWIW, I just checked the Foxtel EPG for Seven HD here in Perth, and it is listed as showing a simulcast of Seven up until the 28th March…

1 Like

According to my epg 7mate returns as Hd telecast on 23/3

1 Like

Same with mine in SE Queensland; says the changeover is at 12:14 AM.

Great news for AFL fans here, but no-on else :frowning:

2 Likes

How can you get that on epg when in Perth it only goes up to Wednesday 22 march

Different TVs/software show further ahead.

Next Wednesday midnight

1 Like

Apart from viewers in Adelaide & Melbourne who still get to see Seven in HD.

Don’t forget Tasmania!

1 Like