Seven HD

I thought 7HD was remaining until end of January.

Will regional Qld ever get HD on the main channel or Prime? Or as long as we have AFL with the Seven Network then nope?

Why do you always keep asking these questions over and over?
If someone here knew anything about HD for QLD or Prime it would already have been posted!

3 Likes

Seven have been advertising the new AFLW competition which starts on February 3 as airing live and in HD nationally (except some parts of Qld).

This pretty much confirms that 7mate will go back to being the HD channel in Perth, Sydney and Brisbane once the tennis finishes.

Well the tennis finishes on Sunday epg has 7hd still on Tuesday Jan 31!!

It’s unbelievable. Somebody stop this madness.

2 Likes

While I’m not hopeful that 7HD won’t revert to mate, wouldn’t the explanation of it not being available in HD in sort parts of Queensland support it being on the main channel on 70. If it was on 7mate all of Queensland would get it in HD.

3 Likes

But then, the AFL isn’t available in HD in regional Victoria.

That’s Prime7’s problem…
Perhaps Prime7’s main channel will soon be in HD (now that the tennis is over, because why do it before)?

And that will be the case regardless of what they do until Prime pull their finger out.

1 Like

No, 7mate is HD in Prime7 areas.

And doesn’t show AFL in Victoria.

Ah, OK. I’d assumed… of course. Thanks.

And if HD was REALLY that important to the AFL, they would

a. Be encouraging Prime7 VIC to move it to 7mate
b. Ensuring that FOX supplies 7 with a HD feed for games shown on 7 outside of VIC.

Part B is the most baffling part of this whole AFL in HD madness.

8 Likes

I’d imagine that if/when Seven switches back to 7mate HD, we’d see 7mate programing info in the EPG prior to the switch happening.

Although it goes without saying, personally I hope that Seven just leaves the f***ing HD channel alone this year and simulcasts the main programing in all markets for at least the majority of the time. Do breakaway AFL programing if you really must, but please don’t switch back to 7mateHD.

Oh well…in any case I really don’t watch all that much on Seven but when I do, I’d prefer to see main channel content in HD because the picture quality of their SD channel is a disgrace!

5 Likes

Are you sure it’s not just you :slight_smile: ? Spare a thought for all those 7Bogan viewers who are missing their favourite shows in HD. Monster Trucks and Tattoo Disasters aren’t quite the same in SD.

4 Likes

But those extra pixels sure bring new life to Cats Make You Laugh Out Loud

5 Likes

Well how else can they claim 7bogan is the best channel ever? :stuck_out_tongue:
(Have Seven still been claiming that since it’s gone SD in the metros?)

2 Likes

Regional … where they own and operate it. Makes no sense to me other than to please the AFL. Not like we have an affiliate . Oh well I guess by 2020 it should all be sorted out . Only watch 1 show on there anyway I watch.

Not sure why they don’t. Technical equipment reason perhaps? So how does breakaway programming work ?

Netflix’s SD is better lol.

1 Like

Showcase, HBO is leap years ahead! Try telling that to someone at Ch7