Seven HD

But with so many multichannel including the recent addition of 7Flix the SD quality isn’t decent.

2 Likes

Yeah, good quality SD is a thing of the past. I hope Prime7 gets HD rolling pretty soon. At least we know they will output excellent quality if their 7mate HD channel is anything to go by.

5 Likes

Let’s be honest, the way WIN’s shit stain remains on the screen about the only thing in HD is their stained watermark.

I hate the massive logo WIN keep on their main channel - as do all of us.

But the thing that annoys me even more is their logos on One and Eleven.
They’re covering One/Eleven logos with coloured versions of the exact same thing - what the fuck is the point of that. Obviously they’ve done it just to have a WIN logo attached… but they could have just placed a WIN logo above the watermark if they really had to… there’s absolutely no reason to display a larger, coloured version of the exact same logo that’s underneath.

6 Likes

As previously mentioned it’s one continuous ego boost for WIN (Bruce). He clearly thinks the branding is worth much more than we think to continually forcefully shove it in their viewers faces with unnecessary coloured blocks, maps etc etc.

As I posted in the watermarks thread they should’ve left the additions as they were originally (mind you, they obviously thought they were too “subtly” for people to notice so enlarged and coloured them up).

Edit: wrong thread to be discussing this at length I suppose.

2 Likes

I’m going to take a guess at this one.

7mate will be airing the GWS Giants vs West Coast Eagles Semi-Finals match on 7mate later this afternoon your time. In order to air HD coverage of an AFL match that many Perth viewers will be quite interested in, Seven have decided to run 7mateHD in Perth for 24 hours - something similar happened for an AFL match in Melbourne/Adelaide on April 24.

3 Likes

Yes I can confirm that this is true. 7mateHD has indeed made a return in WA on Channel 70 but only for 24 hours; at midnight tonight it is scheduled to return back to 7HD, the simulcast of the main channel. Of course this is so that the Eagles game tonight can be shown in HD and to get more viewers from people who normally have been watching Channel 7 on 70 and would tune in tonight to still see the game being played on this channel. If you ask me, this is a really good smart move by Sevem, probably the second best option to playing the game on the main channel. At least this change is not going to be permanent like last time, thank goodness.

3 Likes

Old School breakaway programming. 7mate in HD temporarily for the footy

1 Like

They do now…

3 Likes

Just be thankful that it’s only 7mateHD in Perth for 24 hours (rather than permanently) and that it’s happening on a sleepy Saturday when there isn’t really any major primetime programing of significance airing on Seven’s main channel in Perth.

Personally, I think what Seven are doing with their HD channel now is much more sensible than what they were doing with it from May to December (Olympics aside) last year!

3 Likes

Umm… that has been the case since the AO in January

2 Likes

16/12/2016 actually, but it probably “officially” became a fulltime HD simulcast of the main channel (with very occasional bursts of 7mate breakaway programing for 24 hours due to AFL) in all markets earlier this year.

But they don’t breakaway for HD AFL… in Brisbane and Sydney anyhow.
AFL for the vast majority of time is only on 7mate in SD.

2 Likes

Sorry, late to the party I guess. I had a feeling that they might’ve not switched to HD earlier because I saw a lot of comments talking about this. Hopefully Prime and 7QLD will get there soon (and hopefully GWN and Southern Cross soon as well).

3 Likes

And WIN Television in Regional SA (South East & Riverland areas).

2 Likes

I suppose it would be too much to ask for Prime7 to broadcast the AFL Grand Final in HD, a complete affront to AFL fans. It would appear that it is also too much trouble to have the Grand Final on 7Mate.

4 Likes

Southern Cross isn’t doing much better in Tas despite actually having a HD channel it’s still upscaled garbage.

4 Likes

While it will not happen anytime soon (although it doesn’t hurt to dream right?), I would love Seven to be able to (at least) broadcast these channels by 2020.

For all metro, QLD, Prime-land, SC7 and GWN7

7/71 - Ch 7 SD
70 - Ch 7 HD
72 - Ch 7TWO HD
73 - Ch 7Mate HD
76 - Ch 7Flix (would like to see them do it in HD too, but realistically probably won’t happen) SD

Now, let’s wait for that to happen some day in the future :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: .

3 Likes

I’d like to see that too, except 7mate in HD

7 Seven
70 7HD
71 Seven
72 7TWO
73 7mateHD
74 7mate
76 7flix

1 Like

Are we realistically going to be able to see a network brave enough to try putting all of its channels (main + multi) in high quality HD anytime soon?

2 Likes