Seven Cricket Coverage

I am confused. Is it on Channel Seven or online only?

Also with the graphics, it would look much better if they were centered and took away the ‘gloss’ effect. Also the logos are too big for my liking

Australia v India LIVE and FREE – 7 and 7mate this summer

Seven’s Test coverage starts this Thursday LIVE from the Adelaide Oval as Australia start its campaign to win back the Border-Gavaskar trophy from India.

After a turbulent year, the Aussies will be hoping their world class bowling attack including Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood and Nathan Lyon can worry the top-Test ranked team.

The world’s best batsman Virat Kohli leads the tourists and will be backed up by a dangerous bowling outfit including top line spinner Ravi Ashwin.

Seven will broadcast the four Test Australia-India series, along with the two Tests against Sri Lanka.

Seven’s Adelaide Test commentary team will be:

Hosts: Mel McLaughlin and James Brayshaw

Ball-by-ball callers: Alison Mitchell, James Brayshaw, Tim Lane

Expert commentators: Ricky Ponting, Damien Fleming, Glenn McGrath, Michael Slater, Jason Gillespie, Aakash Chopra and analysis from Trent Copeland

Reporter: Abbey Gelmi

Fans of the cricket will be able to keep up to date with all of the action by following @7Cricket on social and the 7Sport app. With match updates, interviews and features, @7Cricket is the place to get your cricket fix.

TV Broadcast times on Seven:

Thursday December 6 – Monday December 10

Sydney 10am LIVE on Channel 7

Melbourne 10am LIVE on Channel 7

Brisbane 9am LIVE on Channel 7

Adelaide 9.30am LIVE on Channel 7

Perth 7am LIVE on 7mate, 9am LIVE on Channel 7

This answers your question:

3 Likes

Seven are the new broadcast partner and paying a bucket load for no exclusivity or one dayers… And this is how they’re treating their first ever test!? Breakfast show and news are more important in non ratings!?!? Wow :pensive:

I don’t want to be negative, I mean they’ve got a solid production put together by one of the best out there (Barham), their women’s broadcasts have been pretty good so far and Seven have always (I believe) been the sport leader from Olympics down, now more than ever publicly saying sport is their priority.

But cricket (nor any major sport) should be on a multi-channel in a city.

9 Likes

Based on program guide in this week’s TV Week, it seems that next week’s second test in Perth has been scheduled to suit Seven News in Sydney and Melbourne. The schedule is (AEDT times)
First session: 1.20pm-3.20pm
Lunch: 3.20pm-4pm
Second session: 4pm-6pm
Tea: 6pm-6.20pm
Third session: 6.20pm-8.20pm
Seven’s coverage finishes at 9pm AEDT so those 40 minutes will cover any overtime and post-game interviews.

It happens to radio as well. In WA, ABC Local Radio has breakfast until 7.45am, then the 15 minute news, then cricket at 8am (11am AEDT).

1 Like

Seven is giving away tickets to BBL matches in Melbourne (more details here). I don’t think Ten every did a similar promotion (at least in Melbourne) during its five-year coverage.

Thank god for Pay TV covering the sport with the respect it deserves.

5 Likes

ABC Radio go to the rural report mid session without hesitation

3 Likes

don’t remind me - bane of my existence in Dubbo many years ago.

1 Like

The Country Hour throw is as iconic as the Shipping Forecast on the BBC and like that, is critical to those who it’s intended for.

3 Likes

When Nine first got the rights to the cricket in 1979 the news in Sydney and Melbourne went for about 20 mins during the Perth Test tea break. I assume that Seven will show the 6:20-7:00pm portion on 7mate in Sydney and Melbourne.

Yes, other markets will have one hour of cricket on 7Mate.

4 Likes

It will be interesting to see what Seven’s test cricket opener looks like. It will be the first time since 1979 that Brian Bennett’s New Horizon will not be heard on domestic test TV coverage.

Maybe Seven could use the similar Brian Bennett composition Capital City.

2 Likes

…which I believe Nine also used as a Sports theme many years ago! :wink:

1 Like

Not having a go at you or anything, but just curious to know if Today was on air in a situation like this would people still be angry at Nine for pushing cricket to a multichannel in order to Today to air?

I never get the the big deal. Their is 4 channels they can show Cricket on and are. So who cares? Everyone has access to 7mate.

3 Likes

HD for a start.

1 Like

True that. Can they not put sunrise on 7mate or 7two?