Seven AFL Coverage

The article mentions that:

• Nicholson will team up with Taylor for a majority of the Thursday night fixtures this season, pipping Jason Bennett for the coveted role.
• Seven had trialled Nicholson and Bennett at various times in games with their main man over the past 12 months
•It’s understood Taylor felt the chemistry was better with Nicholson

1 Like

That’s not new. Was some articles a few years back that BT wasn’t happy with Bennett hogging all the big moments.

1 Like

Wonder if the new Talking Footy will keep Luke Darcy’s “Say That Again” gag :joy: I hope they do!

4 Likes

Well generally I think Bennett does those moments better than BT.

6 Likes

I hope so too! That was (and always will be) my favourite segment of the show, even though Darce won’t be part of the revival.

1 Like

Seems Talking Footy are using the Melbourne News set.

https://x.com/7afl/status/1765318751585771871?s=61&t=hY2oQFlqnFcoVAVyWK_18g

1 Like

Although the Melbourne news set isn’t the best, it’s still better than having the old Sunrise desk in front of a screen like they did for the talking finals specials

1 Like

Is Talking Footy live or pre recorded?

1 Like

Surely it would be pre recorded straight after the 6pm news. Can’t see Tim Watson staying around late given he has breakfast radio tomorrow, nor would high profile talent like JB want to stick around too late!

3 Likes

It seems that desk has made a return once again judging by the screens behind JB

1 Like

Tbh… it doesn’t look that bad with the desk.

JB confirmed in the 7afl Instagram promo that “Say That Again” will indeed feature in tonight’s show.

3 Likes

Will be watching for sure!

That and “Stuff You May Have Missed” on the NRL Footy Show were among my favourite segments on the footy talk shows in years gone by.

2 Likes

I really don’t mind the presentation. Most wouldn’t even know it’s the Melbourne news set.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Talking Footy

Nines a little bit different as it has seperate sports sets at GTV/TCN.
Currently, HSV only has a news set.

3 Likes

Though sometimes they (Nine) do some of their sports talk shows from the news set (such as Footy Classified in the AFL states or 100% Footy in the league states) if the main sports set is being used for other sports coverage such as the Grand Slam tennis.

Footy Classified is done from the sports studio. The same set as The Sunday Footy Show.

2 Likes

Nine Melbourne has never used the news set for their sport productions.

I believe that Footy Classified once shared the same studio space as news before 2017.