Seven AFL Coverage

As much as this is the Broadcasters’ in the way, wouldn’t it be the MCG/MCC’s fault for not making considerations to handicapped users, knowing they’d be in attendance?

5 Likes

Which is why the spaces and companion seats weren’t made available for booking in the first place. The strange bit is that the two networks were next to each other taking over more of the space at the Punt Rd end rather than one also being at the City end.

1 Like

It was said that normally 7 takes one side & Fox takes the opposite side. Yesterday both were next to each other for some reason. This would of limited access on 1 side of level 4 when before they would be some space on both sides

But it should be just the host broadcaster who gets the setup (7) & then Fox should be at studio, especially since yesterday they used both crews with 1 in studio & 1 at the level 4 setup

5 Likes

Not strictly related, but I noticed tonight’s match started at 7:40pm rather than the standard 7:50pm for Friday night matches. Anyone know why?

2 Likes

I believe it’s a trial to see if it’s viable starting Friday games earlier for the long-term, given it’s often been a criticism that Friday night games start too late.

3 Likes

Kudos to Seven for not replaying Jeremy Howe breaking his arm tonight.

Mind you, losing all respect by randomly cutting to a shot of the ambulance leaving the stadium.

10 Likes

From what I know there was nothing special being held pre-game at the MCG.

But I agree, Friday night matches should be brought forward to start at 7:40pm, as they did prior to 2012, when the new television rights deal that kicked in that year saw matches start at 7:50pm in order to accommodate the fact that all Friday night matches were now being broadcast live into Melbourne.

However, the 8:10pm (local) start at AAMI Stadium and 6:40pm (local) start at Subiaco Oval remained until 2014 (brought forward to 7:20pm) and 2015 (6:10pm) respectively.

Next Friday night’s match between the Brisbane Lions and Melbourne is due to start at 6:50pm local time, while Collingwood vs Richmond in round three is scheduled to start at 7:50pm.

1 Like

edit

Armchair Experts EPG says 11pm, but “Post Game” still going and it always goes until around 11:30pm, both coaches media conferences haven’t even aired yet. Seven will have to correct that from next week, maybe even truncate AE?

My thoughts at the time exactly, that was pathetic, leave him alone FFS

1 Like

Roaming BT has had its run. Get rid of it.

4 Likes

But I like it :cry:

Though if there is one thing that I’d complain about, is that they are now cutting the post match press conferences shorter than usual, encouraging people to watch the full versions on 7Plus instead… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I don’t mind Roaming BT.
But cutting short the press conferences shorter than usual? That stinks!

4 Likes

Stiff shit - if those spaces are designated disabled/wheelchair areas, then they shouldn’t have been occupying them in the first place.

5 Likes

Last night’s set up on Seven

5 Likes

Luke Darcy MIA tonight, rare and unusual?

3 Likes

Alastair Nicholson calling tonight’s match in place of Luke Darcy, with Patrick Dangerfield providing special comments.

And Abbey Holmes is back. (That suggests her experience on SAS Australia didn’t last long)

1 Like

Maybe 7 has listened to fans & has pulled Darcy from Bulldogs games?

8 Likes

Good find, ah yes of course, wow only took 11 years! No way would this be an excuse otherwise, even with the circumstance, his son already debuted too IIRC.

I feel like maybe it’s because his son is now playing. I don’t think the son played in any 7 broadcasted games last season except the elimination final

4 Likes

That’s fair, Seven would be hoping not too many Bulldogs games are scheduled for them on Saturday nights, otherwise they’ll need to find other spots for Darcy, who until now was a weekly member going back to 2007 on Ten

Darcy can probably do Thursday since this week it was BT & JB but BT also does Sunday according to the press release

Bulldogs play Saturday night on 7 in rounds 1, 2, 5, 8, 11, 12

2 Likes