Seven AFL Coverage

Agree. Easily the best pre entertainment they’ve had. Well done to the AFL in getting him. Great tribute to Shane Warne and John Farnham. Robbie knows his Australian audience well.

Local acts will be held at halftime.

9 Likes

Yes because it’s the Telstra Pregame entertainment….

1 Like

The Telstra logo will most likely appear on the NRL GF pre-game entertainment as well.

1 Like

Footage quality is terrible, is it just me?

1 Like

Been a very long time since Craig worked directly for Seven, before he retired he was contracted by the AFL (and other organisations) directly.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, from the play of football it’s looking to be a terrible game. Not good for Seven.

5 Likes

By the way the finals have gone this year anything could happen

I’ve been reading complaints elsewhere that viewers are having issues on 7Plus with the AFL Grand Final streams.

1 Like

Yep, it’s apalling. It’s sad that in 2022 we can watch Gold Coast v Fremantle in crystal clear 4K but the biggest game of the year is in shitty upscaled 720p.

6 Likes

The streaming was limited to smart tv’s and gaming consoles so people complained and now it’s on everything. The funniest part is that my phone still says best of border force and police force and it’s showing the GF.

2 Likes

Mine seems fine.

It’s all fixed now.

The complaints I saw were that it wasn’t working on connected TVs.

1 Like

Just out of interest what does Fox Footy show currently when GF is live on Seven?

They are airing a countdown of how long it is until the repeat starts.

8 Likes

Reckon the best solution to streaming on GF day going forward to avoid some of these issues would be for 7 to simulcast the game on their 7Sport Youtube channel as well as 7plus and the AFL app. It’s one of the most reliable platforms and would able to handle the traffic demand while also being one of the most universally accessible across devices. Google is a partner of the AFL too so would tie in there as well.

1 Like

I dont think anyone in Sydmey will be watching the replay on Fox Footy or on 7Plus.

12 Likes

Yer this is not the block buster game 7 was hoping for :rofl: :joy:

4 Likes

This is the biggest load of ridiculousness I’ve ever seen.

4 Likes

Aside from the Robbie Williams pre game show the rest of the coverage has been diabolical and atrocious. Nothing of interest. Pathetic commentary and hosts. 10 more years of this shit. They never innovate. They never have grand build up, they never actually invest in their coverage.

3 Likes