Seven AFL Coverage

do we know whether they are doing the pregame concert thing as they have in other years?

I’m sure Seven’s penning a lawsuit against the Sydney Swans as we speak.

21 Likes

Nine News Sydney will probably win tonight now haha

6 Likes

I don’t think many will be watching the replay (even in Melbourne).

1 Like

Yes, that was at 1.30pm with Robbie Williams

4 Likes

He clearly means post game :roll_eyes:

Yer sorry post game :rofl:

There is no post game concert this year.

I don’t think under the current deal they are allowed to.

1 Like

Broadcast concluded at 19:05 (AEST)

1 Like

Yeah in 2025 when the broadcast deal begins I think fox footy can do their own broadcast team on matches that channel 7 have including the grand final but fox footy might need some new commentators and innovation as well

GF is still exclusive to 7, so Fox won’t be having their own commentary

6 Likes

Are you saying Foxsports has the GF from 2025?

They are saying that. But they are wrong.

6 Likes

The Half-time show was an embarrassment, and I’m a young 20-something year old male and I didn’t even know who GFlip was until her graphic popped up, I personally would’ve preferred Robbie perform Half Time instead of before the game similar to the NFL, would’ve been better for broadcast given how the game went for Sydney in the end. Would’ve also liked it if Delta got to do a song of her own, seems almost wasteful to get her in for only a few minutes.

Commentary was good today from BT and JB, Abbey Holmes is a star on the boundary and her updates regarding interchange were very quick and aligned with the vision well. The Spidercam as always was a welcomed addition to the game and provided several great captures of set shot goals and some of the aftermath post game.

7 Likes

Short of airing the test pattern, the countdown probably the only thing that makes sense for Fox Footy to show during the one game each season they can’t show live.

1 Like

Great summation.

The presentation quality has gotten lazy over the last few years and compared to what’s coming from Fox Footy, it’s an embarrassment. Ad breaks during major in-play action, no recaps or acknowledgment when they returned. 7 Sport has just become consistently cheap looking across the board. Spent too much on the rights and not enough on fulfillment.

7 Likes

Did Fox Footy air any Half-Time or Post Game coverage today? I watched up until about 12:40pm SA time just before the main crew took over, and it was implied that there would be Pre, Half and Post game coverage in a press release.?

Robbie was awesome. Even better than I expected. Very nice touch acknowledging Shane Warne and John Farnham. Was great television, must’ve been amazing in the stadium.

8 Likes

Yeh I get the point of it. The fact that they can’t show it. And those of us who pay for Foxtel can’t choose to watch it that way, is the ridiculous part.

2 Likes