Seven AFL Coverage

Seven should not be allowed to broadcast AFL Games from when they didn’t have rights. Absolute bullcrap that they are allowed to show Ten’s games on Seven.

They’ve done it before, the rights now seem to include some of the archives.

2 Likes

Nonsense. The rights return to the AFL at the end of a broadcast rights period, or perhaps more accurately AFL owns its own archive.

17 Likes

Why?

3 Likes

Further - when Nine picked up the tennis broadcasting and archiving rights in 2018, they’d show some classic matches from prior to that (such as the 2012 Australian Open men’s final) but would actually use the world feed instead of Seven’s original feed.

2 Likes

Correct. The AFL now owns the archive. When Seven lost the rights in 2002 they actually transferred a lot of their own archive to the AFL. So even Nine and Ten had access to their archive when they had the rights.

9 Likes

5 Likes

I think it’s awful they have dropped Craig Willis as the MC for the GF. He adds so much gravitas to the ceremony.

Now we have a screeching voice putting in the “sport”” voice in trying to MC.

6 Likes

I was just thinking the same thing. Really miss Craig on days like this.

1 Like

Hasn’t he retired?

It sounded like he did the initial opener VT, so chance we will still hear his voice after this preshow fluff?

1 Like

I miss Craig Willis

1 Like

Robbie Williams currently entertaining us.

The pre-match entertainment seems okay on the telly so far.

5 Likes

Audio mixing seems a little off. Great energy from Robbie Williams though.

3 Likes

Seems fine to me.

He’s worth every bloody cent. I haven’t seen the stadium engage like this in years, what a great opener!

The whole stadium is singing along.

I know this going to sound bad, but really the only way is with big international superstars. Sure incorporate aussies but they can’t fire up a stadium like this alone…

8 Likes

Good to see the whole crowd sing along when Robbie did a cover of John Farnham’s You’re the Voice, rightfully so.

Yes, the crowd did engage throughout his whole performance, including with the one song alongside Delta Goodrem.

Pre-match entertainment segment just finished.

9 Likes

As far as I know, the only work Craig does now is voicing intros for 3AW Football.

3 Likes

They need to watch a superbowl entertainment segment and see how to get the camera shots right. Very limited angles and seemed pretty poor to me. Too much crowd shots.

5 Likes

It’s not Craig. It’s Rod Mullinar.

I heard that Seven stiffed Craig when he wanted a bit more money and they refused. Despite him doing a lot of additional stuff for them outside of his contract obligations.

2 Likes

I noticed that the pre-match entertainment had a Telstar watermark. Robbie and Delta both wearing a similar pink to the Telstra logo.

5 Likes