Seven AFL Coverage

I suspect it will be a matter of availability - North Sydney & the SCG are only available early in the season (before Cricket) - they’re also playing a home game in Melbourne on the eve of the AFL GF.

Longer-term Henson Park will be the Swans’ AFLW home - its set to be upgraded very soon

2 Likes
2 Likes

Dangerfield joins Your Home of Footy

The Seven Network has a new addition to its star-studded football line up for the countdown to September, with Brownlow Medallist Patrick Dangerfield joining the 7AFL and 7NEWS.com.au team***.***

A fan favourite on and off the field, Dangerfield will draw on his expertise and insights as a current player to deliver special comments as part of Seven’s unrivalled AFL coverage throughout the Premiership Season and Finals Series.

As his side continues the hunt to September, the Geelong midfielder will also provide exclusive content as a regular columnist for 7NEWS.com.au, bringing footy fans his take on the biggest stories and headlines surrounding the game.

Joining the commentary team tomorrow night at Marvel Stadium when St Kilda face Fremantle, Dangerfield will line up alongside Seven’s Saturday Night Footy team including, Hamish McLachlan, Luke Darcy, Wayne Carey and Abbey Holmes.

Managing Director Seven Melbourne and Head of Network Sport, Lewis Martin, said: “Patrick is arguably one of the greatest players of the modern era and we are rapt to have him as a member of our 7AFL coverage team.

“As a current day player, Patrick’s knowledge and deep understanding of the modern game will make for an incredibly insightful broadcast for footy fans at home. You won’t want to miss a moment, right here on Your Home of Footy.”

Dangerfield said: “I can’t wait to get behind the microphone on Saturday night. To have the opportunity to work alongside Seven’s commentary team and the 7NEWS.com.au team is a huge privilege and something I’m really grateful for.

“As someone still playing the game, I hope that I can share valuable insights with people watching at home about key moments in the match and what the players might be experiencing on the field.

“I’m really looking forward to analysing the game among football’s best, including some greats of the game that I grew up watching,” he said.

Seven’s weekend of footy continues tonight when Sydney take on the Western Bulldogs at the SCG from 7.00pm AEST on Seven.

The remaining matches broadcast on Seven this week are:

• SANFL: South Adelaide v Glenelg – 2.30pm ACST Saturday
• WAFL: Swan Districts v Perth, Steel Blue Oval – 1.30pm AWST Saturday
• St Kilda v Fremantle, Marvel Stadium – 7.00pm AEST Saturday
• VFL: Sandringham v Footscray, Trevor Barker Beach Oval – 12.00pm AEST Sunday
• Hawthorn v Adelaide Crows, Marvel Stadium – 2.30pm AEST Sunday

Fans in NSW, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia can also watch Round 17 matches
involving teams from their home states live and free on Channel 7.

Georgie Parker, Heath Shaw and Dale Thomas will be live and free on 7plus on Sunday night at 6.00pm AEST straight after the game for The Sunday Session, where the trio will present an unfiltered wrap of the week that was. Nothing is off limits when Heater, Daisy and Georgie give their take on a monster round of football every week after Sunday Afternoon Football on Seven.

4 Likes

It would be better if this show was at 7.30pm AEST which is after the last game. At the moment they just ignore the final game in progress (West Coast v Carlton this week).

Yeah but they are the post-match for Seven’s game. Who would wait around for another game that they probably can’t watch to finish to then watch this program?

1 Like

The Swans vs Giants is at the SCG because of the derby (edit: it’s called Battle of the Bridge in the men’s) similar to Crows vs Power being at Adelaide Oval & Eagles vs Dockers at Optus, Lions vs Suns at Gabba

2 Likes

They’ve walked back from that name in recent years, preferring “Sydney Derby”

1 Like

lol

I’m surprised to hear Rex Hunt is still alive to be honest…

He does realise that Daisy Pearce has been on special comments for well over a year now, right?

Or did he also hear Abbey Holmes on Thursday, thought she and Daisy were the same person, then complain that two women who have played the game at the highest level have no place doing an AFL broadcast, and that it’s not their skill and knowledge that got them the gig, but Seven adhering to quotas? C’mon man. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Seven have the Adelaide Crows scorebug in red today despite the fact the team is wearing navy blue. It’s quite annoying when they get this wrong.

1 Like

This weekend, Saturday’s Adelaide v Collingwood will be shown on Seven in SA at 3.30pm, while Sunday’s Hawthorn v West Coast will be replayed on Seven in WA at 2pm. These should be the last of Crows and Eagles matches that are broadcast on massive delay in their home states this year.

2 Likes

I have looked through the TV Guides and noticed that next Sunday’s Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles match (at Marvel Stadium) will be shown on a 3-hour delay in Perth. It was one of the three West Coast Eagles matches shown on a delay on Seven.

The game is at the MCG.

3 Likes

Look at the post above mate

1 Like

Clock is counting up at the start of the Melbourne vs Port Adelaide game which is being played in Alice Springs. Could we have a close finish?

I was just about to post the same thing, must be a mistake (but would love to see a close finish!).

1 Like

Could be fixed by the next quarter or before the game finishes

1 Like

To my knowledge, since Seven got the full FTA rights in 2012 the only match that finished with the count-up clock (instead of the countdown clock we usually see) was between GWS and the Western Bulldogs in 2013. That match was very close - the Dogs ended up winning by just four points.

Imagine if Ten had televised that match - we’d be in five-minute warning territory!

2 Likes