Seven AFL Coverage

Yes on Friday as well

1 Like

There are no games played on Sunday evening. As far as I can tell the only games on 7mate are the Saturday 6 August night games (Bulldogs v Kangaroos in Melb and Crows v Lions in Adelaide)

Thanks - corrected. Don’t understand why Seven would choose to show a replay of the opening ceremony on the main channel instead of AFL in Melbourne and Adelaide.

1 Like

I think more people Would be watching olympic opening ceremony reply then a afl game one would think

Why would Seven show replay of the opening ceremony on the main channel instead of the Lions-Crows game in SA?

I wouldn’t know but it seems strange when the following Saturday instead of showing Olympics they are showing AFL.

Maybe that’s a mistake, maybe they haven’t updated the EPG for that week?

Because the Lions are second last on the AFL ladder, their match against the Crows won’t be appealing even to Crows fans in SA. Plus it is produced by and shown live on Fox Footy.

2 Likes

Well that’s simply not true. South Australian’s love their selected football club and will watch it no matter what, especially if they should be given a guaranteed big win. The game on Sunday attracted over 150k, was the number 2 program of the night/day and it was delayed. Adelaide won that by 82 points.

1 Like

Info is from Seven rather than EPG

1 Like

I guess people in SA will watch it on Foxtel or listen to it on 5AA or ABC Local Radio

If they have Foxtel, I’d expect they would watch Fox Footy regardless of Seven’s scheduling. If not, why would radio be more appealing than switching their TV channel from 7 to 7mate? It’s not that hard to work out, I’m sure 7 will run on-screen reminders etc.

Or watch it on 7mate…

1 Like

Or 891 if you are in Melbourne as most times 891 is receivable from VIC.

And because it’s on 7mate it will be in HD, oh wait hang on a minute, this is 7 we are taking about!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Seven has Mark Reading (Perth), Mark Soderstrom (SA) and Jason Bennett (VIC) as back up commentators during the Olympics with Dennis Cometti & Brian Taylor the Main.

1 Like

Mark readings is also hosting Olympic coverage on either 7two or 7 mate

I guess that Mark Readings would be given games in Perth, or would he do games in Sydeny or Melbourne?(same thing with Bennett or Soderstrom.)

###Round 20
All eyes will be on Richmond, and their coach Damien Hardwick, as the Tigers go under the Friday Night Football spotlight in a blockbuster against Collingwood.

Following a big week of speculation about the future of the Tigers’ coach and the board, Seven will have a camera at Peggy O’Neal’s pre-game “President’s Address” at the MCG.

One of the game’s brightest young stars, Pies high-flyer Darcy Moore, will also join us for a live interview just days after his break-out performance against West Coast and his Rising Star Award nomination.

On Saturday Arvo Footy, Sydney hosts Port Adelaide at the SCG and the main feature centres on injured Swans defender Alex Johnson as he opens up about the incredible challenge facing him to comeback from a fifth knee reconstruction.

Then it’s off to Etihad Stadium for what could be one of the games of the season, between two teams desperate to prove the doubters wrong - the Western Bulldogs up against North Melbourne on Saturday Night Footy.

We will have the latest instalment of the Bulldogs “The Ride” behind-the-scenes video special. This game will be shown live on 7mate.

To finish the weekend, Geelong takes on Essendon at Etihad Stadium and the feel-good story at the Cats, Sam Menegola, is the focus of Sunday Football. The 24-year-old takes us through his journey of perseverance, from his days on the rookie lists at Hawthorn and Fremantle to his recent debut for the Cats and how he has fit in to a team that could win the premiership.

TV Broadcast times:

Friday August 5
Richmond v Collingwood (MCG)
Melbourne 7pm LIVE on 7mate, 7.30pm LIVE on Channel 7
Adelaide 6.30pm LIVE on 7mate, 7pm LIVE on Channel 7
Sydney 7pm LIVE on 7mate
Brisbane 7pm LIVE on 7mate
Perth 5pm LIVE on 7mate

Friday Front Bar
Melbourne 11pm on Channel 7
Adelaide 10.30pm on Channel 7
Perth 9pm on 7mate
Sydney 11pm on 7mate
Brisbane 11pm on 7mate

Saturday August 6
Sydney Swans v Port Adelaide (SCG)
Melbourne 3pm on Channel 7
Adelaide 1pm LIVE on Channel 7
Sydney 1.30pm LIVE on 7mate
Perth 1.30pm Channel 7

Western Bulldogs v North Melbourne (Etihad Stadium)
Melbourne 6.30pm LIVE on 7mate
Perth 4.30pm LIVE on 7mate

Gold Coast v GWS Giants (Metricon Stadium)
Brisbane 4.30pm LIVE on 7mate
Sydney 4.30pm LIVE on 7mate

Adelaide v Brisbane Lions (Adelaide Oval)
Adelaide 7.30pm on 7mate
Brisbane 7.30pm LIVE on 7mate

Sunday August 7
Geelong Cats v Essendon (Etihad Stadium)
Melbourne 3pm LIVE on Channel 7
Adelaide 2.30pm LIVE on Channel 7
Sydney 3pm LIVE on 7mate
Brisbane 3pm LIVE on 7mate

Fremantle v West Coast Eagles (Domain Stadium)
Perth 2.30pm LIVE on Channel 7

Who the hell is Mark Soderstorm? He’s awful

He’s commentating alongside Jason Bennett (from Ch 7’s VFL), Tim Watson & Jude Bolton.

Ch 7’s AFL really struggling without Bruce, Hamish & Basil… :confused:

(This game is airing in every market except QLD today, live or delayed, on 7 or 7Mate).