Seven AFL Coverage

Sean Sowerby did Footy Central tonight.

1 Like

I haven’t asked before (in the 9 or 10 years the show’s been running)…

But does anyone know how “AFL Game Day” (with Hamish McLachlan) rates on Sunday mornings?

Weekend Sunrise leads-in. It’s also up against the Sunday Footy Show (Ch 9) @TV.Cynic

Not in WA, as Sunday Footy Show on Nine starts at 11.30am. Due to Footy WA airing at 10am on Nine.

1 Like

Not in SA either. Some is against it not the whole show though.

In Melbourne, I would say pretty well. Less than Sunrise but about the same as The Sunday Footy Show. Both rate lower than Insiders (if that is on at the same time?).

1 Like

I thought Insiders aired at 9am

I take it the WA duo are calling today’s Sunday footy game (Fremantle vs. Sydney)?

It’s a Ch 7 production, meaning Melbourne have to endure it… I hope it’s a cracker game then :laughing:

Who is calling with Dennis?

Mark Readings is calling the game with Den

Sounds like everybody is headed to Rio-Coribn Middlemas is at the early game on ABC when he should be in Subiaco- Bruce, Hamish and Basil are already on their way.

Basil Zempilas is hosting.

is Basil also doing PBP or is it Readings?

Reading this thread is like trying to decipher a secret code. PBP?

Play-by-play commentary - it’s a very Americanised way of saying “talking over the sport”

Corbin Middlemas moved from Perth to Brisbane earlier this year, and now calls matches mainly involving the Lions and the Suns for ABC Radio, that’s why he was at the MCG today.

Peter Walsh did double duty-With Hull not available, he did the Lions-Power game on Saturday for ABC, then went over to Adelaide Oval for the Crows-Bombers match. Corbin Middlemas did the same thing for the Saints-Knagaroos match.

1 Like

Not unusual for commentator to do more than one match a weekend…

Back in the Ten/Seven era, there was one time when Tim Lane did two games for Ten in one day. Rex Hunt and Huddo did the same thing for Seven in 99 a few times-doing a game for 3AW,then going to another venue to do another game for Seven(either live or late night replay for Vic viewers)

1 Like

Just to confirm previous advice that the AFL will be shown on 7Mate in Melbourne and Adelaide on Sat 6 August evenings. AFL will be back on main channel on Fri 12 and Sat 13 evening . (Afternoon games are on main channel).

1 Like

Friday night?