Seven AFL Coverage

Are they? I am enjoying their commentary team.

I didn’t think he was that bad. He is an ex SANFL player and commentates a lot of South Australian games, I believe. Its definitely not the first time I have heard him commentate.

Doubt that… Hamish is a horrible broadcaster and Basil has a weird inflection on his voice.

3 Likes

Emily Angwin on tonight’s pre-game show, filling in for Samantha Lane who is in Rio reporting the Olympics for Fairfax Media.

2 Likes

Cameron Ling also filling-in for Luke Darcy as host of the pre-game show (he’s also in Rio for TripleM)

I would rather listen to Mark Soderstorm than Basil Zempilas any day of the week.

Basil :unamused::unamused::unamused:

Jeez their resources are being stretched at the moment!

Time to recruit some hosts from C31 :wink:

I have to admit I really don’t get the hate for Basil - he’s fairly easy to listen to and generally just talks the game. Much prefer him to Luke Darcy or BT

I found Soderstrom a bit hard to handle yesterday, but Jason Bennett sounds pretty good.

3 Likes

Had it not been for Basil baing based in WA…

I think he would have been considered to take over from Dennis (as opposed to Hamish McLachlan or picking up Anthony Hudson, etc)?

You do realise where Cometti is based don’t you?

5 Likes

Cometti was based in WA.

2 Likes

I’m sure dennis is still based in wa

3 Likes

There you go. Was he not a news reader or something, on channel 9?

Dennis Cometti was the main sports presenter on Nine’s 6pm bulletin in Perth during the years that the network had the rights to AFL, if I’m not mistaken.

Are you joking!!! Dennis left abc in 1986 join 7 as sports presenter until he left for 9 when 7 lost afl rights but returned to 7 purely as afl commentator

3 Likes

This to and fro over Dennis’s career has gone to the dogs.

Great get dennis working at the abc in Perth 1984

###Round 21
Collingwood go under the Friday Night Football spotlight for the second week in a row, this time with the finals-bound Western Bulldogs providing the challenge at Etihad Stadium.

Pies coach Nathan Buckley and Dogs counterpart Luke Beveridge will both speak to Seven before the clash and there will also be a special feature on Bulldogs blue chip big man Tom Boyd as part of the telecast. The former No.1 draft pick goes one-on-one with Wayne Carey to discuss the pressure of trying to grow as a player amid the heavy media scrutiny his arrival at the Whitten Oval has generated.
The twists and turns of the Brisbane Lions’ tumultuous season will again be on show when Carlton travel to the Gabba for Saturday Arvo Footy. Blues star Patrick Cripps will be the focus of our feature as he takes us through his standout third season in the league.

Then on Saturday Night Football, we will have all the colour of the first-ever “Pride Game” as St Kilda try to keep their slim finals hopes alive by upsetting premiership aspirant Sydney at Etihad Stadium.
One of the league’s hottest commodities, Swans young gun Isaac Heeney, will be the subject of this week’s installment of the Discovered series.

To round out the weekend, we head to the MCG to see if Richmond can build off last week’s victory and spoil the 200th game of Geelong fan favourite Harry Taylor. The team catches up with the Cats premiership hero as he reflects on his stellar career so far and what might be in store for the future.

TV Broadcast times:

Friday August 12
Western Bulldogs v Collingwood (Etihad Stadium)
Melbourne 7.30pm LIVE on Channel 7
Adelaide 7pm LIVE on Channel 7
Sydney 7.30pm LIVE on 7mate
Brisbane 7.30pm LIVE on 7mate
Perth 5.30pm LIVE on 7mate

Saturday August 13
Brisbane Lions v Carlton (The Gabba)
Melbourne 3pm on Channel 7
Adelaide 2.30pm on Channel 7
Brisbane 1.30pm LIVE on 7mate

GWS Giants v West Coast Eagles (Spotless Stadium)
Sydney 4.30pm LIVE on 7mate
Perth 2.30pm LIVE on 7mate

St Kilda v Sydney Swans (Etihad Stadium)
Melbourne 6.30pm LIVE on Channel 7
Brisbane 6.30pm LIVE on 7mate
Sydney 7.20pm LIVE on 7mate
Perth 5.20pm LIVE on 7mate

Port Adelaide v Melbourne (Adelaide Oval)
Adelaide 7.30pm on Channel 7

Sunday August 14
Richmond v Geelong Cats (MCG)
Melbourne 3pm LIVE on Channel 7
Sydney 3pm LIVE on 7mate
Brisbane 4pm on 7mate

Fremantle v Adelaide Crows (Domain Stadium)
Perth 3pm on Channel 7
Adelaide 4pm LIVE on Channel 7

Essendon v Gold Coast (Etihad Stadium)
Brisbane 1pm LIVE on 7mate

1 Like

Sydney miss out on the Saturday night pre-game show due to the overlap with the GWS game. They should air the pre-match on 7flix in these situations so Swans fans don’t miss out.

1 Like