Seven AFL Coverage

Missed that, thanks.

Telecast finished at 11:38pm AEDT, 38min overtime from EPG :roll_eyes:

1 Like

WAFL on Seven with a new West Coast Eagles team joining the WAFL competition
If I was in Perth, I would watch the other SANFL on 7Plus.

how do you watch on 7plus? it does not work for me

You could also use the PC to watch it online.
Hang on are you watching via iPad on 7plus?

Also 7mate is in HD in Perth to air the Collingwood v West Coast clash in HD on channel 70

1 Like

No its via the PC (LAPTOP)

Just type in 7plus and click on Live that way you can watch WAFL, VFL and SANFL games live.

Who’s got the caps for the 7mate Perth HD and the 7mate (GWN7) for the match?

1 Like

From Sunday 14 April at 05:30pm

Perth
The Game (Live)
AFL show live from Optus Stadium in Perth. Hosted by Mark Readings with Shaun McManus and Xavier Ellis.

2 Likes

My TV guide shows that on Sunday at 5:30PM it is To Be Advised. I think that this will be suitable for that timeslot.

13 April 2019
Perth viewers will have the WAFL at 2PM. After that there will be 7 News at 5PM followed by the Western Derby at 6PM.

1 Like

GWS co-captain Phil Davis joins Seven’s commentary team for tonight’s game between the Swans and the Demons.

2 Likes

I get so frustrated at 7’s coverage. The cameras are so zoomed out sometimes and have such weird angle. Im not sure if it is just where they are located at the SCG or if it is just poor decisions. Just I find it very hard to watch sometimes.

It’s the SCG, never been particularly good. They’re not very high from the ground and are quite close to the boundary. Looks like they’re trying for some variety from the flank (vfl park style!) and behind the goals. Haven’t watch any other SCG games this season to know if it’s much different.

2 Likes

This is probably the third Thursday/Friday night match I have watched as I have gone to a few of them in Melbourne. And I think the other one I watched was Sydney v Adelaide at the SCG. So you must be right. I wish they could invest some money to upgrade and improve the ground/facilities etc for this sort of thing.

4 Likes

Problem is the wing cameras are on a platform between the Ladies stand and Brewongle stand. Best hope is for the latter to be rebuilt

2 Likes

SCG has always been sub-standard when it comes to tv broadcasting.

Another example is the TV studio. For years we saw 10’s AFL commentators squished up in the roof, with the camera seemingly looking ‘down’ on them (or them looking 'up) as can be seen in these caps here from a R19 match in 2010 (sorry for quality)

and again during tonight’s Seven telecast with Bruce and Phil Davis at half time.

3 Likes

Been that way for decades!
Posted this much earlier in this thread.

2 Likes

Tonight’s telecast finished nearly an hour earlier than last Thursday, as well as being closer than last week to the next scheduled program (The Latest - which would be more important than the AFL post game, now scheduled to only run for 30min on Thursdays)

2 Likes

Cameron Ling hosted post game no Bruce or Brian any reason given

1 Like

I think it’s about time to upgrade the scg stadium. Some of the facilities are quite outdated. Sydney is growing in afl appeal I still think dally Messenger stand needs to be refurbished and Bill O’Reilly Stand needs to br expanded to full capacity.