Seven AFL Coverage

The AFL has announced next Sunday’s AFLW Grand Final between Adelaide v Carlton will be played at Adelaide Oval starting at 12.30pm local time (1pm AEDT) and will be shown live on Seven and Fox Footy. The decision means that the GF will be up against the AFL match between North Melbourne and Brisbane which starts at 1.10pm AEDT. If today’s schedule is to go by, Seven in Queensland will show Roos v Lions on main channel and AFLW on 7mate.

2 Likes

Pity they didn’t have the game as a pre entertainment for the Port Adelaide v Carlton game on the Saturday.

1 Like

After a successful Round 1, I’m sure Seven won’t be happy about today’s produced game with Essendon ( :scream::sob::tired_face::confounded:) getting absolutely thumped, in fact embarrassed!

Often throughout the year good games lead-in to 6pm News and give Seven News Melbourne massive audiences over 400k.

2 Likes

Foxtel AFL coverage as seen on 7 Brisbane on Saturday night.

6 Likes

Seven has revealed a roster of 18 major sponsors for its AFL season – new to the list this year are Sportsbet, realestate.com.au (including AFLX and Roaming Brian segment after Thursday and Friday night matches) and Samsung (including AFLW).
Returning partners this year are Toyota, AAMI, Bunnings, Harvey Norman and McDonald’s.
Returning sponsors this year are Ashley & Martin, CBUS, Chemist Warehouse, Coles, CUB, Johnnie Walker, National Australia Bank, Swisse, Telstra and Virgin Australia.

1 Like

I’ve heard when Seven in markets outside Melbourne air a Foxtel simulcast (for local team(s), that they don’t end the telecast very well?

Just suddenly cuts to the next scheduled program?

If true, a generic 7Sport (AFL) production (or in this case “presentation”) ender might be nicer.

1 Like

According to AFLW website, Sunday’s Grand Final between Adelaide and Carlton will be shown live on main channel in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth, and 7mate in Sydney and Brisbane. This means main channel in Brisbane will simulcast Fox Footy’s coverage of North Melbourne v Brisbane.
EDIT: broadcast times from Seven’s press release:
Sydney 12.00pm Live on 7mate
Melbourne 12.00pm Live on Seven
Brisbane 11.00am Live on 7mate
Adelaide 11.30am Live on Seven
Perth 9.00am Live on 7mate , 9.30am Live on Seven

4 Likes

I’m guessing that’s because for the match itself everything’s kinda generic, but the after-game program will be fully Fox Footy branded.

1 Like

Apparently because the Channel 9 owned Stan have the Marvel movies in its collection, Channel 7 may have told its AFL commentators to refer to Marvel Stadium as Docklands Stadium, which did not please the AFL.

2 Likes

What on earth, really? How ridiculously petty! Seven have the bloody Marvel movies at last check, airing them left-right-and centre :roll_eyes:

Even the FTA premiere of Miss Pereguine has been changed to a re-run of “Thor: The Dark World” (2013) this weekend…

2 Likes

Agree totally ridiculous. I didn’t pick up on it but was just listening to a podcast addressing this issue. Funny how they could refer to Chris Hemsworth being Thor about 100 times throughout the night but couldn’t mention Marvel Stadium.

3 Likes

Usually Fox has no post game for games involving local teams (particularly on Saturday), either going straight to the next game in preview mode or to Bounce.

1 Like

AFLW GF Coverage shown on 7mate.

1 Like

Main channel in Melbourne stuck with AFLW grand final post-match presentation until 3.18pm AEDT (when the victorious Crows players sang the team song on the field) before crossing to the start of Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs. Post-match continued on 7mate until 3.30pm AEDT.
Gilbert McAdam is the boundary reporter for the Hawks-Dogs clash. According to Sunday Herald Sun, he worked on Seven’s coverage of Melbourne v Adelaide at Alice Springs last year.

2 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of Hamish and Bruce but I really like Jimmy Bartel.

1 Like

A team tonight. Reckon this is easily the best 4 in the box.

2 Likes

WAFL and VFL begin their new seasons this weekend while SANFL kicked off last week.
In 2019, reigning AFL premiers West Coast will field its own team in WAFL for the first time, bringing the number of teams to ten. Seven Perth will show one match each week plus all the finals live, plus the WAFL Women’s Grand Final as a doubleheader with the WAFL preliminary final in September.
As posted previously, Seven Melbourne will show one VFL match each week on Sundays, leading into its AFL telecast at 2.30pm. In June and July when Seven is unable to show the AFL on Sundays due to mid-season byes, the VFL telecast will start at 2pm.

3 Likes

There’s was a women’s WAFL last year.

2 Likes

Don’t know if I agree completely, but I do agree it’s rather fresh and overall I like it.

Taut, professional, clean and calls. No BT or JB rubbish or Darce waffle

Btw, is everyone else’s EPG showing the post game is only 30min tonight? Not sure if that’s true or an error? It’s been a fantastic contest, not sure how they’ll cover the usual 1+ hour wrap including press conferences in half an hour.

(I assume because The Latest is scheduled and tonight started at a more Friday-esque time for South Australia time zone and therefore didn’t want 11:30pm or after bulletin?)

1 Like

TVCynic posted this in Seven Network schedules thread this afternoon.

3 Likes