Seven AFL Coverage

7 Perth will broadcast all 3 wafl grand finals on Sunday
Colts Reserves and League with Subiaco having a team in all grades
league team has won every game this year
last time a team went thru undefeated was back in 1946

last year they went to the Brownlow straight after the news 6.30pm ?

2 Likes

Isn’t the reserves being played on the Saturday and the Colts/League on Sunday? That was what I heard when I was last in Perth.

you are half right Colts Gf will be played before the main gf
Reserve gf will be played on Saturday :+1:

According to AFL website, Seven’s commentary teams for this week’s preliminary finals are:
Richmond v Collingwood: Bruce McAvaney, Brian Taylor, Wayne Carey, Cameron Ling, Daisy Pearce, Matthew Richardson
West Coast v Melbourne: Luke Darcy, James Brayshaw, Matthew Richardson, Peter Bell

1 Like

James Brayshaw is listed for MMM’s coverage too, maybe Darcy will be “host” since JB is hosting MMM’s prematch.

JB will do Triple M’s pregame (like usual) before calling for 7. After all, why would you have all of Cometti, Taylor, Brayshaw, Reid doing play by play?

Watching the Melbourne v Hawthorn semi final, again and Seven deserve a bit of credit for the direction of no commentary when the players are walking down the race, into the rooms and singing the song. Very raw seeing the emotion of the players especially Viney and Jones leading the team back.

If the Demons-Eagles match goes to extra time, does the news get delayed(5 minutes each way)?

Seriously Daniel, what do you reckon?

9 Likes

They don’t play extra time anymore. They’ll pull BT out of the Triple M to do a Roaming Brian. First player to punch BT wins the game.

5 Likes

I believe that if the West coast v melbourne game goes into extra time, the 6pm Melbourne news will be delayed until there is a winner. Channel 7 Adelaide has pencilled in the Border Security Australia’s front line (repeat) at 5:30pm saturday but if the game go into extra time, I think that this show might not air.

Speaking of extra time, and not trying to get ahead of myself here, but the Grand Final still doesn’t have extra time, does it?

I remember it being talked about after the 2010 draw being Collingwood and St Kilda. I still remember the crowd booing after full time and seeing how deflated the players looked realisng that they’d have to do it all again next week.

The AFL ditched the replay a year or two ago. They’ll now play extra time too.

2 Likes

I reckon Seven Melbourne will have a FTA share of around 90% tomorrow during the game, certainly approaching the end if it goes down to the wire! Only usually see such shares on AFL GF day.

1 Like

Ratings will be huge… but 90% sounds a tad optimistic, when you consider the secondary channels themselves across all networks generally rate a combined total of at least 10-15%.

1 Like

Seven Adelaide got 90% during last year’s GF.

That’s what I was including; network share.

Would’ve said Ch 7 Melbourne otherwise.

1 Like

Adelaide has two AFL teams. Melbourne has 9.

2 Likes

What on earth does that even mean? Are you implying people aren’t going to be watching because their team aren’t in it? An AFL preliminary final in Melbourne will always be enormous and thus rival programs non existent.

Yes.

As big as the audience will be, you can’t compare a preliminary final with the ratings for a grand final in a market where a larger proportion of that market support one of the teams playing. It can and will be the #1 program in Melbourne that night, but it isn’t going to pull a 90% audience share.

1 Like