Seven AFL Coverage

In comparison, Fox Footy did their coverage on the platform on top of the tunnel beneath the Great Southern Stand (you can notice it behind Wayne Carey on the right of the screencap above).

1 Like

So what’s the deal here! does Fox Footy need Seven permission to do live crosses?

Full access to stadium would be part of the broadcast deal.

2 Likes

Second night in a row pre-match coverage is hosted from level 4 of Ponsford Stand of the MCG.

They did it for week one as well.

Week One Fox Footy were on level 4 in the Olympic stand. This week they’re on the stage between the Southern and Ponsford.

I’ve been meaning to ask.

I see Channel Seven always shows the winning team singing their team song in the dressing room after the game. I think FOX Footy does too.

Did Nine and Ten do this when they had the rights?

Yes they did.

1 Like

Eddie McGuire joined in the post match talk with Luke DArcy and Matt Richardson following Collingwood’s win over the Giants in the team’s rooms.

1 Like

According to online guides, next Saturday’s preliminary final between West Coast and Melbourne will be shown on 7mate in NSW and Queensland, with horse racing on the main channel. There will be one hour of post-game coverage from 6pm AEST on main channel in WA and 7mate elsewhere.

1 Like

From Friday night Melbourne skyline over sporting precinct, into an ad break

2 Likes

Am I the only one who thinks that 7 re-use their skyline footage?

2 Likes

No, I think so to. Especially if weather is bad or interstate. And especially since helicopter operational changes amongst networks.

I thought drones can takeover for some of the shots?

1 Like

Next Sunday (September 23) Seven will show the VFL Grand Final at 3pm across Victoria. However, since the match between Casey and Box Hill doesn’t start until 3.20pm, it is possible that Seven may not be able to show some of the post-match presentations due to the 6pm news.

1 Like

Brownlow Schedule

Melbourne (Sydney and Brisbane on 7Mate)
07:30 PM 2018 AFL Brownlow Medal - Red Carpet
08:15 PM 2018 AFL Brownlow Medal

Adelaide
07:00 PM 2018 AFL Brownlow Medal - Red Carpet
07:45 PM 2018 AFL Brownlow Medal

Perth
7Mate:
05:30 PM 2018 AFL Brownlow Medal - Red Carpet
06:15 PM 2018 AFL Brownlow Medal

Main Channel
07:00 PM 2018 AFL Brownlow Medal - Red Carpet

4 Likes

Do you mean the Brownlow Medal count starts in Perth on 7mate and moves to main channel at 7pm after Today Tonight?

1 Like

Yes.

2 Likes

Overnight Grand Final special

Saturday 29 September AEST:

01:00 AM AFL: Prelim Final: Richmond v Collingwood ENCORE
A blockbuster of epic proportions as these inner city arch rivals clash for the first time in a final since the 1980 Grand Final. Bounce time:

04:00 AM AFL: Prelim Final: West Coast v Melbourne ENCORE
The Demons fairytale run continues as they take on the Eagles in Perth with a Grand Final spot on the line.

06:00 AM AFL: Prelim Final: West Coast v Melbourne ENCORE
The Demons fairytale run continues as they take on the Eagles in Perth with a Grand Final spot on the line.

2 Likes

No replays of VFL/AFL Grand Finals from yesteryear? It has been a Seven tradition. That’s a bit disappointing.

4 Likes

Hopefully the presentations will be on 7mate.