Seven AFL Coverage

If Kelli Underwood works for the ABC how does she also works for Fox Footy? After Gerald Whately leaving the ABC I would have thought they would not allow these arrangements?

Whately moonlighting for Fox wasn’t why he left the ABC.

I’ve not heard Underwood other than Offsiders and Friday/ Saturday nights on Grandstand so she’s probably on a contract or casual.

4 Likes

Underwood also appears on The Back Page Live, Tuesdays on Fox Sports.

1 Like

Noticed she was hosting yesterday’s WCE vs. RICH game, does she nornally do so?

And just a passing comment, it was 10 years ago she started on Ten’s AFL, first as a boundary rider filling-in for Christi Malthouse who would go on maternity leave (and mysteriously never re-appear on the coverage).

The rest is history, she then made history herself and is now regarded as a female game changer in sports broadcasting.

Kellis come a long way since starting on radio in Murray Bridge when I was growing up there. I remember my Aunty who was in charge of local basketball talking to her on Saturday mornings on 5MU when they had a local sports show.

1 Like

Yes she hosts Sunday games. She rotates between the early and late game. Sarah Jones does which ever one Kelli doesn’t.

1 Like

And add to that ABC Outsiders wow a busy lady!

That’d be Offsiders. Outsiders is that rwnj thing on Sky.

I know those matches were live at 1.10pm- the sirengate match comes to mind.

When they were fixtured for Sun 1.10 they were live, as that was then the game 9 covered.

That’d be Offsiders. Outsiders is that rwnj thing on Sky

Sorry correct my bad!

06 was the first year we had live AFL- and Setatna had two channels so one had the St KIlda-Frematle match the other had the Collingwood-Port match. Both were channel Nine feeds.

Yes, in the 2002-06 TV rights deal Nine had 3 matches (Fri night, Sun 1.10 and a second Sunday game which was aired on delay here). If your memory serves you correctly, that particular Sunday Nine aired StK v Freo at 1.10, followed by Coll v PP on a 2 hour delay at 4.10. Would have left the original incarnation of Fox Footy to air Haw v Ess.

Back then, in the States we usually got a mix or NRL and AFL. For example, the NRL FNF was on the main channel, while the AFL one was on the other one. For Sundays, though it was the two Nine AFL Sunday matches. One match would start at 11pm our time, which was 1pm in Melbourne, usally from interstate, and the other one would be at midnight our time, which was 2pm in Melbourne , usually at the MCG or Colonial.

1 Like

Sunday 27 May

12:00 PM AEST Springs Redtails v Darwin All Stars: AFL: Springs Redtails v Darwin All Stars

The Redtails, an inspiring rep team that seeks to achieve social engagement via health and education programs for Aboriginal footballers, take on the Darwin All Stars. Bounce time: 12.10 AEST.

(7Mate in NSW, QLD and WA).

4 Likes

Basil is doing the gws /Ess game on Saturday Night

1 Like

So Friday Night - Bruce & Bristle calling Collingwood v Bulldogs game
Saturday Night - Basil, Darce calling GWS v Essendon
Sunday Arvo - Bristle & Richo doing Melbourne v Adelaide game.

Doesn’t Richo normally work for AW on Sundays?

Hopefully Taylor won’t be calling solo, Hopefully Hamish or Bennett will join him, maybe Bruce will come up from Adelaide.

I wonder who’ll do the curtain raiser?

Soderstrom?

Is James Brayshaw having the weekend off?