Seven AFL Coverage

The Anzac Eve game is more prominent than St Kilda v Collingwood and Sydney v Fremantle.

They didn’t make the change during the Comm Games either so it might not be contractual.

3 Likes

It’s because Comm Games and Royal Wedding are more important than MKR

RE: HD

1 Like

I wonder if Seven will use the Megawall tonight?

In Perth all matches on mate are in sd
A couple years ago perth mate was hd like Sydney and Brisbane.

2 Likes

And until recently all regional games were SD :slight_smile:

1 Like

What did you mean by that?

Games on Prime7 and 7QLD?

Looks like a new set (well, desk at host position/studio) at Etihad tonight.

Also now positioned in front of the commentary/headphones/monitors desk.

Also Sam McClure at Footy Central (BCM) getting into the royal spirit! Providing updates.

Edit

2 Likes

Does Seven do their hosting on site for their matches? Fox does theirs from the studio, but Kelli Underwood hosted from Perth yesterday(Tigers-Eagles.)

Yes they do.

Has Seven Melbourne ever taken a FOX broadcast of an interstate game including their commentary?

The pre-season final in 2012 back when it was still the Nab Cup was done by Fox Footy but simulcast on Seven (including Melbourne/Victoria).

They actually took a dirty feed with Fox Footy graphics but no commentary. Seven then had their own hosts and commentators. It was real awkward with Fox graphics during the game showing the names of the Fox Footy commentators which Seven would quickly cover up (rather poorly I must add) with a list of their own commentators.
I also recall that the vision cut to David King on the boundary for Fox Footy with no audio and Seven then quickly cut the vision back to their own hosts. They must have had a couple of their own cameras at the ground too.

This was the first year of the 2012-2016 broadcast rights agreement so it seemed rushed and a last minute arrangement to simulcast on Seven.

4 Likes

Back when Nine had the rights occasionally there’d be a late night replay of matches in Launceston. Didn’t seem to be every match from memory.

No. The games 7 cover are what always air in Vic and Tas.

1 Like

Yes they have.
A St. Kilda v Essendon game from memory. 2 days after the death of Phil Walsh. The scheduled 7 game for broadcast (Adel v Geelong) was cancelled thus they took delayed coverage of the earlier 1.10 Fox Footy game.

7 Likes

Yes but that’s exceptional circumstances.
Wasn’t actually planned to happen. As you say, Adel v Geel was originally 7’s game to cover. That would have aired if it were played.
I do get the point, there’s generally an exception to the rule.

Under the 2007-2011 rights agreement. There were late night replays of 1.10pm Fox Sports game if it was played in Tasmania

3 Likes

There you go. Didn’t realise that continued through that agreement.

Sunday afternoons are always hosted from the venue.

Fox always host from the studio on Friday nights and Saturdays but in Sundays Sarah hosts 1 game and Kelli the other game both from the venue.

Yes you’re right, and I’ll never forget waking up that morning and hearing the news.

I was in Canberra at the time (hello @Bort :wave:)