Seven AFL Coverage

Sounds unprofessional.

2 Likes

No Foxtel. People pay for that crap?

1 Like

Are you a Telstra mobile customer?

I don’t have a Foxtel subscription either but am with Telstra.

So get any AFL game (incl Fox Footy) live and free on the official app :hugs:

1 Like

Nah, halved my bill by switching to Optus years ago. I did watch some AFLW games on my phone though.

1 Like

More that Fox do pre, post and half time segments from Fox Footy studios.
They do the selection plus game highlight for the panel, Fox do seem to do a looser coverage for Friday night.
I don’t have Foxtel, happily watch most stuff through my tablet data free and for free as a Telstra mobile customer.

1 Like

Saturday 19 May

Sydney
07:00 PM AFL: Rnd 9: Sydney v Fremantle

Brisbane
03:00 PM AFL: Rnd 9:Gold Coast v Port Adelaide
06:30 PM The Kick: St Kilda v Collingwood
07:00 PM AFL: Rnd 9: St Kilda v Collingwood

Melbourne
02:00 PM VFL: Rnd 7: Coburg v Collingwood
06:30 PM The Kick: St Kilda v Collingwood
07:00 PM AFL: Rnd 9: St Kilda v Collingwood

Adelaide
06:00 PM AFL: Rnd 9: St Kilda v Collingwood

Perth
02:00 PM WAFL: Rnd 7: Peel Thunder v Subiaco
05:00 PM AFL: Rnd 9: Sydney v Fremantle

4 Likes

Is Mate going HD again?

2 Likes

I don’t think so, given Seven is simulcasting Fox Footy coverage in some states.
EDIT: Seven has confirmed the AFL coverage on May 19 will be shown on SD, with the royal wedding on HD.

1 Like

Today in WA, the GWS-West Coast clash will be shown on Seven on a 3 hour delay (one of 3 Eagles games produced by Fox Footy which is shown on FTA on delay) while tonight’s Fremantle v St Kilda match will be shown live on 7mate.

3 Likes

Foxtel have too much power/say. Is this about trying to grow subscriptions in Adelaide/Perth, probably focus areas for them maybe?

I guess such markets are lucky (unlike Melbourne) that they get their local teams always on FTA.

But seriously delayed? In 2018? Ew.

2 Likes

I don’t remember Salmon doing play by play. As you said, Richards, Whitten and Skilton were quite good at it, Healy was good when he filled in during Olympics, and Whitten was good too. Doug Bigelow and Geoff Leek on ABC are a few more.

Salmon definitely did pbp on radio for MMM and was terrible. I’ll take a rain check on his time at Seven. A couple of clips I’ve found he’s hosting and “senior” if you like special comments alongside a single commentator. Bit like Darcy was in his first season at Seven with BT on Saturday night.

I think I read recently they pay about 2/3 of the rights fees, Seven 1/3. As AC/DC told us, money talks.

1 Like

I listened to a few MMM games with him calling on the AFL site in 2004- and yep, he was terrible. I mean he was awful.

1 Like

Maybe it was the Essendon/West Coast game in 04(the James HIrd game.) I think Salmon was doing pbp with BT.

I know he did a few at the MCG because he’d always refer to the City Rd end. City Rd is nowhere near the G and it would give me the irrits.

a few more- Leigh Montagna, Brad Seymour and Dale Lewis.

Tonight’s telecast didn’t finish until quarter to midnight.

The Saturday Night AFL will be beamed in 7mate nation-wide due to The Royal Wedding on Channel 7.

1 Like

It doesn’t appear as though 7mate is being flipped to HD in the southern states for the AFL tonight?

As I thought 7 was required to show the AFL in HD there?

I remember them flipping 7mate to HD for a day for the Anzac Eve game last month, which I thought was for that reason?