Seven AFL Coverage

The on-screen score graphics have also been tweaked so the team name banners are shorter while statistic category now on top of home team’s name. Look much better.

Haven’t been watching the whole match bit earlier I heard the following:

Ling : “Collingwood’s still in n front under the Duckworth Lewis system”
Taylor : “Howzat!”
Carey : “Good slips catch”

This will get tiresome if they all decide to chime in with some cricket speak.

Edit: actually, BT, Ling and Carey are already tiresome.

1 Like

Isn’t that the Tasmanian voting system? :smiley:

2 Likes

AFL logo is appearing when the time clock hits zero. I’m sure previously it would be the name of the break or full time.

Only when it’s raining on polling day!

2 Likes

It disappeared last night but it returns tonight for the North Melbourne-Carlton match.
James Brayshaw revealed on air he had to travel by a private jet from Melbourne to Hobart so he could arrive on time for Seven’s telecast, after calling this afternoon’s MCG clash between Richmond and Brisbane for Triple M.

2 Likes

With the way the wind is blowing in Tassie tonight and the past 24 hours, anybody flying tonight has suffered enough I think. Although, if it was blowing in the right direction at the time it may have cut down his flight time.

The bumper graphic (where two teams locos ‘clash’ together) in/out of ad breaks, is failing tonight. Both occssions I’ve seen tonight it’s ‘stuck’, just stationary, as it fades into an ad. Like somebody has forgot to press a button. Oops

1 Like

Hands are probably too frozen to click the button.

1 Like

It was also there in the telecast of the West Coast v Gold Coast game on 7mate and possibly all other AFL telecasts on 7mate around Australia yesterday.

The schedule confirms the Richmond-Melbourne Anzac Day eve match will be shown live on 7mate. But will it be on HD in Melbourne and Adelaide?

1 Like

Of course it’s still a case of wait and see at this stage (Melbourne & Adelaide viewers should get the answer in the EPG closer to the date), but I’d say that Seven will probably flick the HD channel to 7mate in Melbourne & Adelaide for 24 hours.

2 Likes

AFL website reports the Richmond-Melbourne match will be shown on 7mate in HD, similar to last year.

3 Likes

I thought that only Melbourne and Adelaide Viewers will see the Melbourne v Richmond game in HD.

I don’t know if anyone else thinks so but on Talkin Footy the wide shot camera looks like an upresed camera compared to the other angles. The close up shots look nice but when it goes to the panel wide shot you can tell a differance.

This season, Perth games on Saturdays are starting at 6.10pm so that they can be shown live OTA in Perth.

Yep its as simple as that !

One thing that will be interesting to see is whether or not Prime7 HD (in Victoria at least) becomes “7mate via Prime7 HD” for 24 hours due to the AFL. Theoretically if the temporary switch is happening in Melbourne due to the “ANZAC Eve” AFL, then Prime7 is obliged to do the same for the benefit of Regional Victorians who want to watch the game in HD.

Have the Swans & Giants played together so far this year? IIRC, that was the only regular season AFL match to be shown on Seven’s main channel here in Sydney last year.

The Swans beat the Giants at the SCG in Round 3 (April 7). It was a Fox Footy game and simulcast on 7mate due to the Commonwealth Games.

3 Likes

So perhaps Seven will show the Brisbane vs Gold Coast derby in Brisbane on main channel on Saturday August 18? As well as the Sydney vs GWS derby (if there’s a return game) on main channel in Sydney?

I’m sure the AFL wouldn’t be too pleased seeing Nine showing Storm on main channel for Melbourne viewers, especially if it’s multiple times. But Seven not extending the same courtesy with Swans/Giants/Lions/Suns AFL games on main channel in Sydney/Brisbane.

Seven do show all finals involving NSW/QLD AFL teams on main channel of course, same with Nine and Melbourne Storm.

1 Like