Seven AFL Coverage

Change to AFL coverage:

Melbourne will get AFL: Rnd 4: Hawthorn v Melbourne on the main channel on Sunday afternoon 15 April at 3:08pm instead of Comm Games.

Adelaide with now get AFL: Rnd 4: Essendon v Port Adelaide on the main channel on Sunday afternoon 15 April at 3pm

so im guessin the afternoon session will be on mate for melb?

Live and ‘Freaky’ Friday Night Football this week on 7mate…

1 Like

I dont get it

It’s Friday 13th, as it says in the promos

5 Likes

According to Gold Coast 2018 website, by 3pm AEST there will still be events held on the final day of Commonwealth Games, e.g. rugby sevens finals. Is Seven not confident of the ratings for the late afternoon events? Is Seven not confident of the ratings for My Kitchen Rules later that night against The Voice, that it needs the AFL as lead-in in Melbourne and Adelaide?
According to AFL website, the Hawthorn-Melbourne game will also be shown live on main channel in Perth and 7mate in Sydney.

1 Like

I would say Seven have made the correct decision in terms of ratings (i.e.) Rugby 7’s are scheduled for that timeslot - biggest audiences will of course come from Sydney and Brisbane. Probably won’t rate in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth.

Don’t know that I agree with you here. I don’t think Commonwealth Games falls along those lines, if Australia is playing for gold in either gender of 7s, it’d get decent numbers.

2 Likes

I actually do agree with you.

Was just coming up with a possible theory to Seven’s changes, seemed like a reasonable one (NSW/QLD being Rugby/Rugby League states).

Maybe @JohnsonTV is more on the money then (AFL lead-in for potential bigger Seven News ratings in Melbourne, a common Seven strategy)

2 Likes

If I recall the 7’s got decent figures in the Olympics.

2 Likes

Yeah it probably won’t rate that well, a lot of people in Adelaide don’t know the difference between Rugby & Rugby League!

1 Like

3:08pm really?

1 Like

Time as per revised program guide supplied by Seven.

2 Likes

For the 3.20pm game, the telecast should start just after the two teams enter the arena for final warm-ups.

2 Likes

So 3.10 would have sufficed then…

No. The home team runs out 11 minutes before the bounce. This way they’ll get the Hawks running out to their team song.

1 Like

I should clarify, for print guides and schedules, show 3.10 but start 3.08 is fine.

2 Likes

The AFL logo not part of the 7 live and free watermark this week. The commonwealth games logo being used instead.

Not used to seeing the AFL in SD :stuck_out_tongue:

Good.

Rubbish decision last week. AFL logo looked so awful as part of the watermark.

1 Like