Seven AFL Coverage

dont forget prime 7 is only affiliate they dont have to do anything 7 does

i doubt that prime 7 would switch prime 7hd to mate hd since its only recently gotten prime7 hd

I’m aware that Prime7 is only an affiliate and not owned & operated by Seven, but they might be obliged to switch over by the AFL (like Seven is, I’m pretty sure).

This is the equivalent AFL game late last year (Adelaide vs Sydney).

One of the highest rating (metro), if not highest rating home and away games outside of Anzac Day in 2017.

It was 7mate’s highest AFL audience in Sydney last year and one of Adelaide’s highest.

But notice Melbourne’s audience. Add to that Ch 9 could only manage 70k for NRL in Melbourne on Good Friday night against no AFL at all this year.

Hence, not sure if Nine’s decision this Friday is wise at all. It is good for both AFL/NRL, but not all the time and only during certain circumstances (e.g.) AFL on main channel in Syd/Bris on a Saturday night, when Nine don’t broadcast any NRL.

One would imagine that the Swans vs Giants game the Saturday before last (thanks for mentioning it Johnson, must’ve missed it) would’ve aired on the main channel in Sydney if it wasn’t for the Commonwealth Games.

2 Likes

prime7 just messaged me and said they wont be swapping prime7 hd for 7 mate hd so no there no obligated to like 7 is

2 Likes

That’s poor and a shame. Though understandably technically difficult?

I really doubt the AFL would care about what Nine choose to broadcast.

4 Likes

That wasn’t my point

St Kilda versus Giants is on 7 this weekend.
That’s the only game I have as being on 7 in Sydney in the first half of the season.

3 Likes

Why is it that Seven always shows My Kitchen Rules instead of the Anzac Day Eve clash between Melbourne and Richmond? It happened last year too.

Because The Voice is on Nine at the same time, plus this year there is Bachelor in Paradise on Ten.

3 Likes

And that’s not prime-time

But that wasn’t the question…

1 Like

Latest promo for this round, has the first bit (Friday night) stylised like a ‘movie’ (Sydney v Adelaide). Looked great.

“A 7 production, starring…”

Basil said he would be covering Friday night in sydney
So Bruce or BT not doing game

How convenient for Basil as he is hosting Weekend Sunrise at Martin Place the next morning.

3 Likes

So this can unfold like this:
Friday Night (Sydney v Adelaide): Basil Zempilas & Luke Darcy
Saturday Night (Port Adelaide v Geelong): James Brayshaw & Cameron Ling
Sunday Afternoon (North Melbourne v Hawthorn): Jason Bennett
Tuesday Night (Melbourne v Richmond): Brian Taylor & Bruce McAvaney
ANZAC Day (Collingwood v Essendon): Hamish McLachlan & Brian Taylor

1 Like

Pretty sure Bruce will be doing Anzac Day.

2 Likes

Sully(formerly LukeMovieMan)17m
Pretty sure Bruce will be doing Anzac Day.

Absolutely Bruce will do the second biggest game of the year

4 Likes