Seven AFL Coverage

New graphics!!!

Why is the scoreboard so long?

3 Likes

Whoever did the sheen on the 7 News graphics appears to have worked their ‘magic’ here…

Was thinking the same thing. What’s with the extra black space, for longer team names? But both Richmond & Carlton are short team names…

Everyone on social media is noticing and commenting of course, mainly on the extra black space:

The commentators graphic and other game statistics graphics no longer replace the main scoreboard when they are shown either, wasting more screen space. Does Seven want to try and invade more of our screen space with graphics now?

1 Like

Maybe they want to put some extra things like Goal and behind just in case?

Not quite - those brief additions after scored shots make it even longer!

Edit: definitely looks like it’ll need some work done to it… :thinking:

3 Likes

Horrible…

3 Likes

Channel 10 had a similar issue when they changed their graphics in 2005 but it was fixed after a month

Ewwwwww
(That gap between the graphic and the scoreboard.)

2 Likes

I don’t really understand why Seven are airing the Richmond special tomorrow night after the football. Couldn’t they have aired it tonight after the game involving Richmond?

@turdall The graphic above says Tonight after the footy?

2 Likes

Ugly and very basic. Literally looks like the AFL graphics Nine used before 2006.

If you’re going to change, make one which actually improves on the old design rather than just tweaking with a glossy effect.

Oh sorry. Thought I heard them say tomorrow after the footy. I obviously misheard.

Uh it does air tonight after the footy…

Uh… Read post above.

Hideous graphics. Might have looked decent around 2005…

1 Like

That “Free Kicks” text placement looks SOOO wrong.

4 Likes

The Quarter Time graphics look slightly better in my opinion.

My post was yet AGAIN not approved in time for someone else to say what I was going to say :angry::angry:

Let’s not start this again.

6 Likes

I was only answering @turdall’s comment and it does really annoy me when this happens. How else do you expect me to react? Just suck it up and accept it? Not likely.