Seven AFL Coverage

Back in the Ten/Seven era, there was one time when Tim Lane did two games for Ten in one day. Rex Hunt and Huddo did the same thing for Seven in 99 a few times-doing a game for 3AW,then going to another venue to do another game for Seven(either live or late night replay for Vic viewers)

1 Like

Just to confirm previous advice that the AFL will be shown on 7Mate in Melbourne and Adelaide on Sat 6 August evenings. AFL will be back on main channel on Fri 12 and Sat 13 evening . (Afternoon games are on main channel).

1 Like

Friday night?

Yes on Friday as well

1 Like

There are no games played on Sunday evening. As far as I can tell the only games on 7mate are the Saturday 6 August night games (Bulldogs v Kangaroos in Melb and Crows v Lions in Adelaide)

Thanks - corrected. Don’t understand why Seven would choose to show a replay of the opening ceremony on the main channel instead of AFL in Melbourne and Adelaide.

1 Like

I think more people Would be watching olympic opening ceremony reply then a afl game one would think

Why would Seven show replay of the opening ceremony on the main channel instead of the Lions-Crows game in SA?

I wouldn’t know but it seems strange when the following Saturday instead of showing Olympics they are showing AFL.

Maybe that’s a mistake, maybe they haven’t updated the EPG for that week?

Because the Lions are second last on the AFL ladder, their match against the Crows won’t be appealing even to Crows fans in SA. Plus it is produced by and shown live on Fox Footy.

2 Likes

Well that’s simply not true. South Australian’s love their selected football club and will watch it no matter what, especially if they should be given a guaranteed big win. The game on Sunday attracted over 150k, was the number 2 program of the night/day and it was delayed. Adelaide won that by 82 points.

1 Like

Info is from Seven rather than EPG

1 Like

I guess people in SA will watch it on Foxtel or listen to it on 5AA or ABC Local Radio

If they have Foxtel, I’d expect they would watch Fox Footy regardless of Seven’s scheduling. If not, why would radio be more appealing than switching their TV channel from 7 to 7mate? It’s not that hard to work out, I’m sure 7 will run on-screen reminders etc.

Or watch it on 7mate…

1 Like

Or 891 if you are in Melbourne as most times 891 is receivable from VIC.

And because it’s on 7mate it will be in HD, oh wait hang on a minute, this is 7 we are taking about!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Seven has Mark Reading (Perth), Mark Soderstrom (SA) and Jason Bennett (VIC) as back up commentators during the Olympics with Dennis Cometti & Brian Taylor the Main.

1 Like

Mark readings is also hosting Olympic coverage on either 7two or 7 mate