Seven AFL Coverage

AFL Media’s Matt Thompson has tweeted that Brian Taylor and James Brayshaw will commentate AFLX for Seven and Fox Footy. I reckon they had called the footy together for Triple M before.

Didn’t they do the Whitten Legends game last season? Reckon they’d have called together at 9 too.

found one

1 Like

Brayshaw and BT basically did the second Sunday game from about 2004 onwards. From memory they did a handful of games together prior to that but Eddie generally did the calling with BT in 2002-2003.

Thoughts on how you think the brand new AFLX will go tonight?

I don’t necessarily mean audience, but holistically?

I’ll tune-in for a bit, in-between I’m A Celeb, Winter Olympics and X Men :rugby_football:

It will be interesting to see how well it goes. The SANFL introduced a similar concept called Fast Footy last weekend and I have heard that it went well and it will be played again next year.

For me, it’s just a chance to see footy again after so long.

1 Like

I’m heading up to Sydney this weekend to watch my beloved Richmond youngsters have a bit of a hit out.

I think this will be a bigger hit than many people expect. It’s fast, it’s fun and it will be high scoring. I remember years ago many people were knocking BBL just the same and it has become massive.

3 Likes

I think it will be a hit too, at least over-time. I expect tonight’s launch to be pretty big (ratings, crowd, social buzz, media).

If so, you could say AFLW didn’t become as successful as hoped, very ‘niche’.

AFLX having the success maybe?

I’ll be interested to see how the AFLX experiment goes.

I’ll definitely watch a bit of it.

I think a female version of it would be popular too if the men’s version takes off. Would they call that AFLWX?

1 Like

I think it will be a huge flop in Melbourne and Sydney (attendance).

Comedian and recent Triple M signing Lehmo is boundary rider for the first night of AFLX in Adelaide.
Hindmarsh Stadium is half full at the moment.
Also, virtual on-field advertising is being used for AFLX. I hope it is not seen during the regular season.

And James Brayshaw sounding half decent (I’ve grown to like him since he’s done MMM cricket - I used to hate him on Nine).

I presume the McDonald’s (and the X in the middle) logos are real?

The others look like a throwback to the VB can in the outer at Victoria Park’s last ever game…

how many halfs in the aflx and how long does each half go?

Only the X in the middle of the field is real, the rest are virtual advertisements.

There are two halves in each AFLX game, each half going for ten minutes.

4 Likes

AFLX getting lots of positive reviews on social media.

But with many saying the quality could be much better, comparing it to a ‘training drill’.

Anyone remember the old Lightning Premierships? Love the round robin format

Here we go, trying to prop up Adelaide again as supposedly the only city that has people turn up to grounds?

Hello… Look at Melbourne’s crowds for everything!

1 Like

Is there commentary at the venue? Sounds distracting.

Halves should be the give away as to how many of them there are.
10 min halves.

2 Likes

the fact that you can get free tickets should be a worrying indication. Anyone who was thinking about going and was going to decide after seeing tonight might reconsider too.

This is going to fail badly

4 Likes

What… The crowds? Ratings? Competition in general? Or all of the above?

bingo

4 Likes