Seven AFL Coverage

Not quite JB’s debut on 7. He spent a fair few years there before moving to nine in 2002

1 Like

EJ Whitten Legend’s Game and Chill?

2 Likes

Brayshaw did spend time at the 7 network from the 1990s until 2001. He anchored the 2001 Ashes series on Seven.

1 Like

Yes they are commentating right behind the interchange bench.

1 Like

Did JB call AFL matches for Seven in that timeframe? He did some ABC radio calls with Malcolm McDonald during that timeframe.

Is this simulcast on Fox Footy? Or exclusive to Seven?

Seven News Melbourne promo aired earlier tonight on 7mate Sydney during the EJ Whitten Legends coverage.

2 Likes

Yep, Seven Sport are airing some promos IN-PROGRAM.

As well as the ads/promos OUT-OF-PROGRAM (switch).

Very odd and rare to see it happen :thinking: I noticed it when I saw a promo for Little Big Shots and Seven News… With the Seven Sport watermark still in the top-right!

(i.e.) What you saw was the former, as a switch to an actual ad break would never show an incorrect market (unless of course there’s the odd mistake).

1 Like

This coverage is simulcast with Fox footy.

1 Like

Wow - what an exciting E.J. Whitten Legends Game with an extraordinary finish! Victoria trailed the All Stars by 5 points late in the final term, Adem Yze missed a shot at goal but Jonathan Brown marked near the left behind post two seconds AFTER the final siren and scored the goal to win the game by one point for the Vics! It is the highest team score for both Victoria (156) and All Stars (155) in the game’s 22 year history, and the highest combined score (311) in the game’s history.

3 Likes

Twas amazing :smile:

It’s an exciting finish every year usually with Victoria winning. Almost like the game is scripted or something… :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

5 Likes

AFL Women’s state of origin - Victoria v The allies

4 Likes

WHo are the commentators?

Jason Bennett
Nigel Carmody
AFLW Premiership player Abbey Holmes providing expert comments
Sam Lane on the boundary
And the Hammer is hosting. Like he seems to host every sporting event for 7.

5 Likes

Yep about right :joy::joy:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they were also commentating the Richmond vs Collingwood VFL game earlier in the afternoon.

1 Like

Not the result the AFL nor Seven would’ve wanted (or anyone expected)!

What a one-sided belting by the Vics :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyway, great opportunity and exposure for the AFL W, only going forward from here.

1 Like

I didn’t catch last night’s SoO match as I was out, but why do they bother getting Abbey to provide the “expert comments” on AFLW games as whenever I’ve seen her on she barely says a thing all night.

Who knows why they constantly use Hamish because he is one of the worst (if not the worst) sport host/commentator the network has, followed closely by Basil.

Jason and Nigel normally call the afternoon VFL games? I’m pretty sure they do every weekend?