SEN (Radio)

I heard that too but thought it was a poorly pre-recorded interview.

I also note from their socials they’ve got one of those Wheatstone touchscreen consoles in their Sydney studios;

Link

2 Likes

Something must be wrong right now. Why is Morning Glory on air at 5:20pm on a Friday?

More technical problems?

2 Likes

What if you wake up at 5:20pm on a Friday with a Morning Glory? :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

The whole day is just waffle to me. Now that I have listened to find out I will switch SEN off for good now

2 Likes

Just tuned into 1170 they are talking horse racing? Leave that for track?

Okay, SEN SYDNEY is now on air in Melbourne, just a shuffling of bits around to fit it, so SEN2 still exists - though again not sure what they use it for, seems to always be a simulcast.

Would make sense for them to add a redirect as ‘SEN 1116’ - I get that I suppose they like that most DAB radios turn on to the first station in the list by default, so having 1116 SEN is helpful for that - but similar to the ‘MMM’ redirect, it would help them to have all their stations in a row.

Their radio text is also pretty useless - with it just being the station name on loop. Sports headlines, and for SEN Track the odds details, would be a good use of it.

7 Likes

SEN uses SEN track for filler content on weekends when there is no sport content

5 Likes

SEN Track is on in Mildura on 89.1 FM, I wish Crocmedia could expand across Western Victoria, even in Warrnambool where 1620am is Possibly their only Frequency available for use.

might be a problem as Warrnambool has ABC radio on 1602?

3 Likes

What about any Leftover FM Spectrum there?

1 Like

Looks like River1467 has lost Sen programming. No Sportsdays on at the moment and they mentioned during off the bench that River (as well as other grant stations 3BA and Gold) would no longer taking the show and pointed them to the Sen App.

4 Likes

by what i heard all of grant stations who had sen programming won’t be getting it back next year

3 Likes

Couldn’t recall seeing this link post, so posted here.

Not that it is required, I wonder if the feed is in full stereo?

I was listening to Sportsday on 3AW last night and heard Sam McClure welcoming listeners from SENTrack 89.1 FM in Mildura and KLFM in Bendigo for the first time.

3 Likes

Not sure. I think 89.1 Mildura outlet might be a mono transmitter.

1 Like

What was on 89.1 in Mildura prior to SEN Track?

1 Like

Rete Italia. Another of the ex-Gumnut licences sold to what was then Crocmedia last year.

Edit: Referring back to my list from December 2019 (link), looks like I missed 1620 Cairns from that list. Sports Entertainment Network now have three S40 commercial licences to their name - two in Australia Wide S40 ex-Rete Italia and NTC News Talk & Country, as well as Kalgoorlie S40. Full list of SEN assets here: (link)

3 Likes

Rete Italia supposedly…

1 Like

I noted today that it still sounds not great the audio on 1170 AM. Very harsh, it was during the Jimmy Smith show. I wonder if they will fix it.

1 Like