SEN (Radio)

Unlike 4BC relaying 2GB on Weekdays,

@littlegezzybear, thank you.

Laughable interpretation, there’s the light touch again as you found with my quote.

Equally weak response to mention a range of other commercial and national radio/TV services, the whole idea of that number of services is for diversity of choices, not for skirting the law on simulcasting.

Ah, but it’s not a relay, they have their own schedule of commercials, promos etc and local news and traffic.

Also not within the same market, different states @TheStyles83

1 Like

Crocmedia might better get their hands on 954 Sydney and 882 Brisbane since MacQuarie Sports Radio had Failed, I’ve even wrote an E-Mail to Them.

Tennis show The First Serve moves to 7pm-8pm Mondays from February 3, the night after the Australian Open men’s singles final.

2 Likes

Crocmedia already owns 1611 AM at Badgerys Creek west of Liverpool. So SEN will be on that sometime soon?

2 Likes

But it’s for Eastern Sydney

You mean the ocean?

Badgery’s Creek is in Western Sydney

2 Likes

Has anyone thought what this means for SEN now that MSR is (soon to be) dead?

What does it mean for KB who recently deflected to MSR?

What about Marko & Ox?

Will there be room (or open arms) for these announcers over at 1116AM?

1 Like

Possibly staying at Nine Radio, according to:

https://twitter.com/kevinperry/status/1219410845035159552?s=19

2 Likes

I’d limit them to 3AW. Possibly with a weekly sports show.

2 Likes

Move them to NTS, They’ll need something Live.

For the third year in a row, SEN will have live commentary of NFL Super Bowl. Gerard Whateley will call the match from Miami on Monday, February 2.

Unless they buy 2CH from EON Broadcasting who are losing Money on a Expired Oldies Format.

Having SEN on FM in Hobart can solve that

Looking through their broadcast guide (the professional as ever embedded spreadsheet), the last two hours of SEN SA Breakfast is now heard in Melbourne on 1377 SEN+ and SEN 2.

4 Likes

Maybe my useless complaint to ACMA had a slight impact after all?

3 Likes

They appear to be doing a better job of using the spectrum to balance multiple events. Right now, 1116 SEN and SEN 3 is airing the Richmond v Carlton AFLW, while baseball on 1377 SEN+ bumps the A-League derby to SEN 2.

1377 and SEN 2 have also taken Kymbo & the Rooch preceding their softball coverage this week too.

4 Likes

Wonder if he was successful with News’ latest redundancy round?