Nine Radio (Talk)

From that Mediaweek article:

The owners of 2CC Canberra have a different opinion, obviously, as they love taking almost 90% of 2GB’s programs.

2 Likes

4BC: Exists
Nine: “We want to be as local as we can.”

Hmm… Could they really be on the path to actually restoring a fully local Brisbane station? The Sydney stuff hasn’t lowered the low ratings further.

3 Likes

Looks as though the new management under nine is doing much better than the morons that use to run the place.

5 Likes

9Radio must not know that 4BC is its own station.

I think MML management sold it as a “+1” to 2GB.

1 Like
1 Like

Marko has been hosting sport on 3AW’s Ross and John this week. I think he may continue in the role until regular panellist Jon Anderson (from Herald Sun) returns.
Not sure about Ox.

3 Likes

Alan Jones will be broadcasting live from Club Catalina in Batemans Bay on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Jones talking to his fill-in Chris Smith:

https://www.2gb.com/alan-jones-to-return-to-radio-with-special-bushfire-broadcast/

1 Like

Haven’t those poor people suffered enough?

7 Likes

https://www.3aw.com.au/were-off-to-gippsland-ross-john-take-up-ministers-invite-to-struggling-tourist-towns/

Maybe Ross and John problay broadcast from Gold1242 Studios in Traralgon

Doubt it. Probably will just do an ob van setup:

1 Like

3AW has an outside broadcast van?

1 Like

They do OB’s all the time. Not necessarily a van, but they have a portable broadcast booth.
Would be very unheard of for them to use another stations studios.
Likely they will set up at a pub or something down there.

4 Likes

Glenn Robbins for 3AW Breakfast? Has he ever guest hosted?

3AW have an OB caravan that they use at major events such as the Royal Melbourne Show etc.
I would imagine their broadcast will be an OB - either from the caravan or a simple table setup depending on the location. What’s the point of going to Gippsland if they’ll be stuck in the studio?

Not at all. Alan Jones has broadcast from 4CA in Cairns before (can’t remember why he was up there). I’m sure there are other examples.

1 Like

Denying climate change will be the main theme of his broadcast. Hopefully he’s run out of town.

2 Likes

In trying to understand whether people down in Batemans Bay and other fire ravaged places on the NSW Far South Coast would welcome an OB from Alan Jones or run him out of town, it’s to my understanding that politically, they prefer the Liberals on a state basis but Labor federally?

If it was in Cobargo, he’d be run out of town. We’ve seen what those people are like.

1 Like

He should be run out of all towns. Best if he left this country altogether. I’ve heard he loves a stroll through the parks of London.

3 Likes

Alan could also go back to coaching rugby. He always got the best from the players - if they did not perform on the field he would threaten to pull them off at half-time.

3 Likes

Sully, it’s Perth, everything gets a special exemption in the world’s most remote capital city. Look at Little Kerry’s ‘specials’ that TVW has (special concessions).

Would need a cold day in hell for that unfortunately, especially since its outsourcing.

Drive should be extended to 7pm for many on their long commutes across Melb. Very interesting to observe the sharp decline in traffic between 6 - 7pm (more towards 7pm).

Eliminate Sydney altogether between breakfast and midnight, shift sports into business slot at 7pm.

By the way, the Alan Jones cladding and Ben Fordham IT ads are quite jarring on AW when you’re not expecting their contrasting style of broadcasting.

I disagree, I was simply grateful for the simulcast. Never had a problem listening to Ray and co readers with NBN on 91.7.

I was bitterly disappointed when ABC’s News Radio began and no 7pm simulcast of the TV news. Wrote them a nice, handwritten letter (primary school) and received a typical, bureaucratic reply.

Many of the weekly guests have been paid cash on a weekly basis at talk radio, both former networks.

Still a week to week basis, four weeks’ notice etc for the more prized talent such as fishing/boating/surf reporters. I remember how easy it was for one of the surfing blokes to jump stations, they thought they had a contract locking them in.

Sounds like a dark place in a warehouse?

Perhaps he didn’t want to be a talking head during the daytime news bulletins that Nine often have?

Wouldn’t be a bad thing, prepare for Nine returning to TV rights perhaps.

Doubtful however, I’m sure Nine and AW are more than aware that too much change, too soon is too much for its audience. (so many ‘toos’ I know)

Correct! No big concern to the majority of the audience. Not part of the furniture like Jane Holmes on Neil’s.

Indeed. They’re not going to risk big holes in their prime shifts.

Who knows, Bas might end up joining Thommo at St Georges Terrace if they offer enough?

Agree, that was the spin Jane or HSV wanted.

You do remember correctly. I was always at a loss that Hitch was buried at night, he should be a regular during the day shifts, he’s far from Mike Moore, any yarn with Hitch is a good listen.

Would be a welcome change. Tom needs to put a broom through Saunders Street. Ross has been there prior to the UE invasion of 2003. The Ross’ on GB is why UE did so well on weekend mornings long after the loudmouths had been poached.

Only for a small, blinkered portion of the population.

Very good! I’m just catching up with these posts as was away.

Much better option.

Can you imagine the calls from 3AW accounts to 7 accounts? Likely cordial at a counterpart level until a manager gets involved and the simple transaction becomes blown out of proportion. The salient problem with Aus media, too much time tearing each other apart instead of banding together. All for the sake of some egos amongst the exec testosterone.

You know the old quote, there’s 7’s story, 9’s story and truth is somewhere else (not in between on this I think).

Popularist polls. On merit, Fran, Ross, John streets ahead.

John is such a professional to play second fiddle to the egos of talent. Far more ‘listenable’ than many of the usual weekday talent.

MML had four +1 freebies to AW and GB and PR is borderline. Completely stripped the value of them. I’ve posted before about why they didn’t matter around their long lunches.

For 14 minutes? Far too long.

Find a pub of the week and bring Tony Leonard as well. Is Tony back for 2020 on AW? Have been hearing Tony Shaw on AW Friday after 11am for the last two weeks.

You are the most mischievous contributor @nickatnights, always the right humour, I’d go to a comedy show of yours.

Ok, that’s it, over 70 posts read and responded, been fun catching up.

5 Likes