Secret Bridesmaids' Business

:roll_eyes: The series is based on a stage show.

It’s not an action series designed to appeal to teenage boys. You can just wait and watch the umpteenth repeat of the Fast and Furious to satisfy your needs.

4 Likes

Ordinary ratings for the first episode; will have to see if last night improves with consolidated.

I didn’t find the drama compelling enough to want to watch the rest of the series.

1 Like

"You don’t ever call the shots Melanie, EVER ! "
Tonight

Random quotes now?

1 Like

It’s interesting that a lot of the smaller roles or ‘cameos’ are comedy actors.

1 Like

A lot? There are a couple I’ve noticed but who do you mean?

1 Like

Today I watched episodes 2 to 5 back to back ahead of Tuesday’s finale. The writers and researchers did a great job creating (mostly) realistic storylines and interesting characters like Melanie, Olivia and Jakob (the biggest villain on Australian TV in the past 10 years). The main theme of the series is the consequences of an extra-marital affair.
It must be said though Jakob’s stalking of Melanie and Olivia through a spying app actually reflects what is a disturbing trend at present, with men using various technologies to stalk at their ex-partners after their relationship break down, in order to intimidate and/or humiliate them.
The promo for the finale says a character will die in the episode. I think it will be Saskia who is stabbed by Jakob.

1 Like

This has been a great series. Such a shame the ratings haven’t been better. It certainly deserved better.

2 Likes

What was that ending? All that build up for the show to just end like that…

1 Like

Loved the series overall.

1 Like

The ending ruined it for me. Everything before that was great.

2 Likes

Weird ending indeed. Up to that point it was a brilliant series. Perhaps the producers want season two?
Regardless of that ending I hope the series get good overseas sales in the next six months.

1 Like

Maybe there was more than one ending filmed… and after the poor initial ratings they wrapped up the storyline?? Is that feasible? And if the ratings were okay they screened a more cliffhanger ending??

2 Likes

Both the show’s title and Saskia (Katie McGrath’s character) were trending on Twitter last night. A lot of Katie fans overseas reckoned that Saskia married Olivia (wearing a bandana as she was receiving cancer treatment) thus they were holding hands by Melanie’s bedside, as Melanie was looking at her newborn baby. The question is: why jump six months? What happened in those six months? Did Saskia and Olivia really tie the knot?

2 Likes

One thing that annoyed me was the fact everyone forgot about the guy (I forgot his name) who was stabbbed!
Also the ending ruined the entire series for me, I loved everything else (including the 60 second ad-breaks), and it deserved better ratings.

4 Likes

I have to agree that the ending ruined the whole series for me.

It was ambiguous and I’m still unsure whether Saskia actually married Olivia. If that’s what actually happened then it’s perplexing and a weird twist.

1 Like

I watched the finale again tonight (via my recording on Fetch) and everything apart from final 3 minutes made sense to me. Jakob stabbed Oscar to death but it was not until the wedding ceremony was about to start that someone realised Oscar was missing. After Jakob was arrested for stabbing Melanie’s right shoulder, the wedding of Olivia and Alex was cancelled. While Melanie was in hospital, perhaps after a period of induced coma, a wedding went ahead (Saskia and Olivia?).

2 Likes

I just don’t buy into the idea that after two postponed weddings, Olivia didn’t marry her fiancee and just switched teams after a few months to marry Saskia.

Well it can happen in real life. I to am going with Olivia and saskia got married