Secret Bridesmaids' Business

Sure - but the difference is in that instance people are watching Ch7, additionally the airdate is already known, so why not promote it? :man_shrugging:t3:

Moreso my surprise was the lack of the 7 logo anywhere for anyone to identify it was on that channel, and just the use of “A Seven Studios Production” which I doubt means nothing to most people currently.

Surely they’re bright enough to make a connection between A Seven Studios Production ” and Channel Seven. Can’t be that difficult.

7 omitting their famous red ribbon logo from outdoor advertising (I could understand if it was only within one or their own assets) is kind of a big deal IMO.

Whilst I don’t think you’re wrong with people making the connection, at least for media savvy or interested people, it’s definitely an interesting choice by the network who has struggled to launch any new decent shows in the last year or two.

Promos for this have been great- the latest saying it’s not on Netflix etc, binge watch it over sun/mon/tues; mentions the short commercial breaks … a different approach.

1 Like

I think the networks should be avoiding mentioning Netflix. It just gives it more promotion as the place where everyone is going now.

2 Likes

I think forcing viewers to wait until 9pm each night after in some cases 90 minutes of a trashy reality show is a mistake. Plus, unfortunately, promos can only get people to sample the first episode, if it isn’t that good, they won’t come back.

It certainly has a rubbish lead-in. I really don’t know what made Seven commission something like “The Real Dirty Dancing”. Don’t they remember the flop “I Will Survive” was? I’m sure there was another one like this which flopped hard too.

1 Like

Dance Boss?

2 Likes

No, I’m think of another show which was searching for someone to star in a theatre production. Like Dirty Dancing and Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.

Unless I’m confusing the UK ones which were moderately successful.

In a TV Tonight interview with star Georgina Haig, it is mentioned that the drama will air over two weeks (i.e. three episodes each week) with 1 minute ad breaks.

2 Likes

Given 7 seems to have conceded the year to 9, its worth trying something new, nothing to lose…maybe. Decades ago, mini series used to screen over several consecutive nights so this may work.

1 Like

Seven will make up for this by showing extra ads in the preceding reality shows.

2 Likes

It’s actually a really good idea.

People like to binge Drama these days. Hopefully it pays off.

1 Like

Saw the first episode tonight, quite good, some stunning photography. I will record the episodes and watch them closer to the season finale.
According to next week’s schedule as posted by TV.Cynic, it will be down to one episode per week from next week which is just what I predicted last week.
Tonight’s episode had four ad breaks. During the first three breaks, there was a countdown clock on the top right corner. The final ad break had no countdown clock so I think it went for more than one minute. The episode finished at 9.55pm but the EPG said 9.59pm, so Seven played extra ads between it and the next show.
Reviews on social media have generally been good so far. Lots of comments from Katie McGrath fans overseas wanting to see this show.

3 Likes

Loved this!!
Best drama of the year!

Too bad I’m getting lots of spoilers 2 hours before it airs in AWST and it will be 3 hrs for episode 2 thanks to DLS.

At least we have a decent drama

2 Likes

Looked brilliant and well put together. Overall, a very powerful episode.

I thought it was a bit slow about a third of the way through but then it picked up and had quite an explosive end.

3 Likes

it wasn’t bad, wasn’t really good, it didfeel flat coming from watching ladies night monty particulary the opening scene. Secret brides is a very adult drama, like you watch on SBS, but with lots of wine and wedding dress. I would like to see something happen, like a slap, punch, fights. Guns?

yeah, that gunshot started become serious was good. i think the problem is the story revolves around best friends rather than the lead character.