SBS Viceland - Programs and Schedules

What is the point in SBS 2 re-branding as “SBS Viceland” when there are only about three hours of new Vice programmes each day? They might as well bring back SBS 2.

3 Likes

For the sweet sweet $$$ (or free programming) that Vice is probably paying them for the branding. Similar to SBS Food.

5 Likes

Not to mention that SBS is really just following the ABC in moving away from the channel ordered branding that was used during the analogue > digital transition years.

1 Like

Which makes it harder for people to know where the channels screen. Had a discussion in the lunch room a while ago about Vice and most people just gave blank stares and had no idea what it was or where to find it. The brand hasn’t cut through.

2 Likes

Have you tried at the water cooler?

5 Likes

It’s in the lunch room. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

but at least when you’re watching SBS Food you know what you’ll get: 24 hour food programmes. Not so with SBS Viceland, you would expect all Vice programmes (which the Viceland cable channels overseas are), but alas this is not the case.

Coffee machine is another popular choice :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Also in the lunch room. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Infinitely smarter choice than the time I discussed The Bachelor at the urinal.

5 Likes

Why did SBS have strange scheduling with Brooklyn Nine-Nine lats week?

Last week they showed a repeat when there was one unscreened episode available.
But then this week they showed two new episodes but so did the US so they are one episode behind now.

Reminder. Tonight Saturday 17 June 2017 at 8.30pm on SBS Viceland…

I love this channel. It’s so refreshing to see retro movies the main channels won’t air for fear of disrupting the Copycat, About A Boy, Love Actually, Pretty Woman rotation.

The ad bumpers are so weird and whacky? And the presentation is just horrid. But yes, some of the content is adequate.

South Park has vanished from the schedule. :-1:

They’re just trying to be hipster/alternative. The major downfall is that it appeals to only a niche audience.

2 Likes

Large chunks of SBS Viceland programs being bumped for cycling. In WA the first two or so hours of the Tour de France has been on Viceland, with The Feed dropped. Maybe the cycling will rate better than the usual trash that’s on this channel.

So cruel. I love the trash on SBS viceland. I love the shitty 80s movies like Cellar Dweller & Streets of Fire. Wednesday Night is a definite highlight.

Sad that crappy cycling has once again taken over the schedule.

3 Likes

I think it shows their lack of faith in the Vice programs that they drop them so easily for hours of cycling.

Maybe or the the lack of faith in cycling on the main SBS channel. Either way it looks like I’ll be avoiding Viceland for the duration.

1 Like