SBS Viceland - Programs and Schedules

Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, one of few US shows staying on SBS Viceland’s schedule, has been renewed by TBS for 2017.

3 Likes

The Guardian is to provide content for Vice News Tonight and Vice on HBO, with Vice supplying video content to The Guardian.

Donald Glover’s new comedy drama series Atlanta will debut in Australia on Viceland, at Tuesday February 28 at 9.30pm with a double episode, and then continue weekly in double episodes. At last month’s Golden Globe Awards, Atlanta won Best Actor in a Television Series – Musical or Comedy (Glover) and Best Television Series – Musical or Comedy. Atlanta (which has been renewed for a second season in 2018) follows the lives of Earn Marks (played by Glover), a young Princeton University dropout with a two-year-old daughter, and his rapper cousin Alfred “Paper Boi” Miles (Brian Tyree Henry). Earn becomes Alfred’s manager as they attempt to break into Atlanta’s music industry and improve their lives and that of their families.

Kind of disappointed that SBS didn’t pick it up sooner considering it’s 6 months after the US airing.

1 Like

I virtually never watch SBS…

But thanks for making my night Viceland :ok_hand:

Kill Bill Vol 1 :clapper: :grin:

(I know it’ll be edited, but I don’t care)

I’m in the same boat. I never used to watch much SBS but I occasionally flick on Viceland as they’ve had some really good movies and there are a few shows on there that are different and grab my interest. Which is why it surprises me that Viceland is not doing very well. I guess the title Viceland doesn’t mean much to most so people just flick past it.

Those movies would probably have been on SBS2 anyway, the Vice programming has zero appeal to everyone.

1 Like

speak for yourself, you’re probably not the target demographic.

1 Like

So are you watching the new programs on Viceland? Which ones?

The demographic results for Viceland mirror the poor total people results. Last week it rated 50% lower than SBS2 had been in the demos.

4 Likes

I’m a 74 year old female.

That sounds like an interesting title for a show. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Most of the demographic that Viceland is aimed at doesn’t watch much, if any linear TV anymore. On the other hand, it would be interesting to see the SBS on demand impressions/views for the stations content.

2 Likes

More South Park would get those demos and ratings up. 3 lousy episodes a week isn’t enough.

2 Likes

Yeah we need mre lousy episodes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

SBS Viceland HD is on channel 31

@LeighF see the “HD Broadcasting” thread for more info.

Have you guys seen some of the idents? Weird. One was a shot counting whether or not houses had a pool! Typical SBS

1 Like

Viceland will fasttrack the second half of season 4 of Brooklyn Nine-Nine from tomorrow (Wednesday April 12) at 8pm, just hours after the US.

1 Like
1 Like