Saving Ten

its from 2023, as Fox Sports deal which will run until the close of 2022 world championship

1 Like

Here is a bold-ish kinda idea.

What about putting $100m into Australian content from December through to January.

Be the only Network that offers quality Australian programming. ‘Support a different kind of team. Support quality Australian [drama / entertainment/ etc]’

My understanding from industry sources is that the average episode cost of an Australian drama is about $750k.

Sunday through Thursday. Run a new Australian drama or scripted comedy. 8 weeks. 8 episodes each.

I would then tack on a reality program at 7:30. Perhaps The Amazing Race Australia - stripped; or Come Dine With Me. Monday through Thursday.

Sunday can have a program like Australia’s Got Talent. Family friendly etc.

I would even be ballsy and attempt a program from 5pm each evening with Ellen Degeneriss (?), pushing the News to 6pm owing to daylight savings.

It certainly does provide a point of difference.

1 Like

Can Ten bid to show for the AFL Women’s competition too? The broadcast rights deal with Seven and Fox Sports expired last month after the Western Bulldogs won the grand final. While the AFL is keen to renew the rights with both broadcasters (since the AFLW rights are separate from the men’s competition broadcast rights which expire in 2022), Ten and CBS should seize the opportunity and pay big bucks to get the women’s matches.

It doesn’t rate. It’s pointless.

Can someone come in and clean this shit up at ten. The network is currently promoting fox league with crosses to fox league studios to promote its content. They’ve just been fucked up the ass by fox now they promote them. Disgraceful.

This failed management team have had long enough to fix he network. Get rid of the lot of them. Start again.

Free to air is suffering whilst ten remains weak.

9 Likes

Why are you still obsessing over Ten? If you don’t like it so much, cant you just give up and move on?

I like things to be competitive. Strive for excellence.

I like to criticize everything in the hopes they improve.

Your thinking is flawed. Since when does constant criticism from an individual make a network change?

They’re a company not an individual. Who cares anyway? It’s a forum. People can say what they want.

Yeah but your constant bashing has got you nowhere. Maybe some constructive criticism would be better.

At least he has some positive things to say about Ten at times. When it comes to other networks, they certainly cop more of the bashing (cough Seven cough) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Really? News to me.

2 Likes

In the end Ten/CBS probably had a great offer but Cricket Australia have chosen the road to go down. To be honest i think CA’s dicision is going to backfire terribly! I think people will go to watch the games at the stadiums but TV viewership will shrink…and to pay over $1b in sporting rights on a population of only 20 million?

3 Likes

Ten could wrestle back the rights to the Spring Racing Carnival after 2020

The network showed the Melbourne Cup Carnival hosted by Tim Webster right until they lost the rights to current holder 7 in 2001. I’d like to see the Cup Carnival back on 10 after 2020

All the above sports to get a reasonable size audience. and are a hell of a lot cheaper than Cricket, Tennis, AFL and NRL.

• Boxing Day - Sydney to Hobart - (Yacht Race)
  • Tour Down Under (Cycling)
  • Cadel Evens great Ocean Road (Cycling)
  • Australian Open (Golf)
  • Australian Masters (Golf)
  • VFL, SAFL, WAFL (Local Football)
  • A league (Soccer)
  • NBL (Basketball)

Australian Open is part of Seven’s current “long-term” broadcast deal with Golf Australia while Australian Masters have not been held since the last tournament in 2015.

1 Like

None of them are launching your new ratings season line up. That’s what Tennis and Cricket do and what AFL and NRL can maintain through the year.

All of that list is very niche and little of it is more than short one off events. Yes, Ten should probably grab the first five from that list if they can do so for relatively cheaply - but it’s not going to make the network successful.

To not have a major summer or winter sport is a crushing blow to Ten.

5 Likes

While the Racing.com JV exists, there’s slim to no chance of Seven losing the rights to Victorian racing

2 Likes

Although it probably goes without saying, Ten needs to bid harder for V8 Supercars and F1 exclusivity when those broadcast deals are next up for renegotiation. Mind you that type of coverage (except events like the Bathurst 1000 and Melbourne Grand Prix) isn’t as mainstream as tennis, cricket or football but at least motorsport seems to attract a fairly loyal following.

…and even if the Victorian and NSW thoroughbred racing bodies decided that they want a new FTA network for the big races, somehow I think they’d probably be more likely to pick Nine over Ten.

2 Likes

I don’t understand how 7 are so financially at their limits can beat Ten which are now debtless to a major sport? Its just incredible! How are CBS gonna turn this around for Ten??