Saturday Night Rove

Then people would complain it’s just the same show over again.

1 Like

Just like they did with Hey Hey.

1 Like

I’d say it’s more to do with budget and what they think people want to see, which they’d be wrong about.

This show has its best ever opportunity of finding a new audience tonight with no AFL on.

4 Likes

The promos department have stooped pretty low trying to talk this show up.

13 Likes

Amazing. Good find.

11 Likes

Good find there.

Amazing that they’re the only two so-called “positive tweets” that they can find.

1 Like

I think anyone under 20 would not really know who Rove is or heard of his past shows…perhaps.

Is 244,000 terrible? I mean a movie would get similar?

How come it is only 6 eps?

Also looks like they removed all the background old lamps .

Show seems better tonight.

1 Like

Yeah, much better show tonight.
Jessica Mauboy’s denim jacket sold for $40,4000 on eBay during the week.

1 Like

How was it “short-lived”? They’ve done two seasons in two years. No word about it being axed yet so it is likely to return for a third season.

2 Likes

low bar for commitment. Nothing particularly unusual in that, although traditionally initial series runs used to be 13 weeks. These days they won’t commit to even that amount of time.

3 Likes

That’s even less than what he got when he started at Nine back in '99 (can’t believe it’s been nearly 20 years since that happened).

2 Likes

Tuned in for the first time tonight, thought it was very cringe worthy. Probably won’t tune in again

2 Likes

Sorry, my bad. I just assumed Show Me The Movie was only on air for one season. Thanks for clarifying it to me. Glad to be proven wrong.

2 Likes

Don’t you mean This Week Live.

Was that him too? God so many chances. I think he peaked with Rove L.A. He was getting some good guests and great format but now he’s stuck with Kevin Bloody Rudd.

he was only a guest panellist on that

Ratings for last night’s episode were posted online this morning. It got even worse.

2 Likes

Beaten by SBS so I doubt this show will last. Points for trying though.

God knows what ten does on Saturday nights now.

3 Likes

It was evident after Pilot week that Rove never should have got through - the ratings just reflect a bad decision.