Rugby League

It depends on whether Izzy will change his ways or not.

But yes, he can’t go around making anti gay statements like that again.

He’s done his time, he deserves a second chance if he’s prepared to tone it down.

1 Like

Bring in Ipswich, East Brisbane, West Brisbane and South Queensland Crushers and be done with it :stuck_out_tongue:

As for Israel Foloau, he doesn’t deserve a shot in the NRL. Im a dragons fan, and he simply isnt a right fit for the club. Sure, he has been “quiet” while playing for the Catalans, but its only been a year. If he was quiet for a number of years, then it would be a different story.

I think there are a sizable amount of people from down south who want to watch footy but can not see themselves supporting the ponies.

I’m a storm supporter. I’ll never buy a broncos mebership but i would support a second team

1 Like

What About North Sydney Bears Returning to the NRL based in Perth?? Hello the Perth Bears.

The Daily Telegraph reports today there are four bids for the second Brisbane licence. What do you think of these names?
Brisbane Bombers (not to be confused with Essendon in the AFL)
Redcliffe Dolphins
Brisbane Firehawks
Western Corridor (based in Ipswich)

I haven’t heard of the name Firehawks until today.

The report says former South Sydney CEO Shane Richardson has been working behind the scenes for the past four months to help his old club Easts Tigers, who are backing the bid, to put together a highly-detailed business model.

The only decent one but they can do better.

Corridor is a very ordinary nickname. Probably the worst I have ever seen.

2 Likes

I think they’re just referring to the area. That’s obviously not what they’d call themselves.

5 Likes

Has to be Ipswich Iguanas :smirk:

4 Likes

Not keen on any of them really.

What about the Brisbane Stingrays? (or Stingers).

But definitely agree Brisbane needs a 2nd team, and not as a transplanted Gold Coast team.

1 Like

Yes, I can just hear the supporter cries of “Go The Corries” now (not).

I would not be suprised if within 3 years of the new brisbane team coming in a new team in a frontier area gets the green light. there is only so long the prospect of another game on the weekend can be held off and perth makes sense with all the saffers over there.

The bid will go to the Dolphins or the Ipswich Bid.

the Ipswich bid is headed up by the Jets who have a long history in the Queensland comp and has an established fanbase and can capture fans out west to toowoomba and warrick. if they play in the switch, it means an easier drive for people from out there as there is no need to drive to the city.

The redcliffe bid is the one i expect to get up. Once again they have an established set up all ready to go and a long history in the Queensland comp.
They have a decent stadium (The Brisbane Roar soccer team are using it as there home ground this year instead of suncorp) and the train helps with public transport. From a marketring standpoint they stand to capture fans on the sunshine coast as well as northern brisbane and there are more of them than out west.

Probally just a temp name for the bid. I can see them being named The Jets (this is due to the airbase out that way at amberly by the way) should they get in

4 Likes

What about the Western Wankers? Corridor Cockheads? Ipswich Idiots? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Well, Brisbane Bombers and Western Corridor have joined forces to bid for the new licence.

The squads for the NRL All Stars game at Townsville on February 20 were named last night. The match will be played on the same night as the Australian Open women’s singles final.

1 Like
1 Like

Good. Should never have even contemplated it.

1 Like
3 Likes

ABC Radio reports that Ken McCaffery, the oldest surviving Australian representative player, has died at 90. He played 12 times for the Kangaroos in 1953-57. He later became a commentator with TCN9, assistant secretary to NSWRFL, and club secretary at Canterbury and North Sydney.

3 Likes

Broncos prop Payne Haas has been fined $50,000 and suspended for the first three rounds of the season by the NRL after he pleaded guilty to two counts of intimidating NSW Police.

4 Likes
3 Likes