Rugby League

ARL Commissioner Peter V’landys will ask the federal government if players can be among the first groups to get COVID-19 vaccines, in the hope the NZ Warriors will be able to play home games in 2021.

V’landys should just say it - he wants NRL players to jump the queue. He’d make a very good used car salesman - he’d clear the lot, but I wouldn’t buy a car from him.

2 Likes

I was about to say this. He’s so arrogant. Has to jump the queue to ensure the NRL doesn’t have an outbreak and shut down. I think vulnerable people and all the frontline workers deserve it first. Then other integral workers and adults. I don’t classify NRL as high priority.

4 Likes

Every sport has been asking for priority, not just the NRL.

Fuck 'em all. If they get it, they’re less likely to die compared to those getting the jab first.

V’landys wants this year’s NRL competition to be less disrupted than last year, hence his request for priority for players. However, in order for the Warriors to be able to play at home this year, it will also need Federal Government approval for Aussies to be able to travel across the ditch.

2 Likes

NZ government approval, you can come (well, up to the other day) from NZ without quarantine.

We all want stuff to be less disrupted. Despite the “miracle” he pulled off last year, he can’t always get what he wants. There are people out there who deserve it more than footy players.

3 Likes

Everyone in Australia could have the same argument, that they want the vaccine before anyone else in the general population so their life isn’t disrupted this year.

1 Like

Exactly. The Teachers Fed wanted us further up the list. Granted, we actually do valuable shit in the community, but we didn’t get what we wanted. If I got everything what I wanted, humanity would be in a hell of a lot of trouble. :wink:

He’s going to have to wait like everyone else.

It’s related to the travel bubble. Kiwis can travel to Australia (which is currently suspended for 72 hours after yesterday’s positive case) but Australians can’t travel to NZ.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I said. You’d need NZ gov approval, not Aus.

The flood of NRL anti-vax players will be fun to watch if that happened, so many wouldn’t even get a flu shot.

I’m entirely fine with them ‘queue jumping’ though - other than the optics - it is logical that people who work in industries that make significant benefits to the economy and require travel, including internationally, should be some of the first to be vaccinated.

1 Like
2 Likes

Justin Rodski has been appointed CEO at Melbourne Storm.

Prior to this appointment, Rodski was the Chief Commercial Officer at Essendon Football Club. He also spent time as a Sport Journalist at the Nine Network.

3 Likes
2 Likes

It appears that the NRL have changed their tune and that Folau may be allowed to return, which is a complete turnaround from its previous stance that seemed to ban him from ever returning.

4 Likes

Seriously??? The Broncos have total Control of Brisbane Town in the Rugby League, with The Shitty Titans just down the Road.

2 Likes

I think there are a lot of supporters that will cross over to the 2nd Brisbane team, I don’t think the Broncos are popular as it really seems, some will be supporting them because they are the only local team and there was no other choice.

5 Likes

Long disillusioned Crushers supporters?

5 Likes

A few people might switch their allegiances from the Broncos to a 2nd Brisbane team, but most probably won’t unless the new team can poach some decent players from other clubs.

Re, Israel Folau: Not sure about Dragons fans but I’m personally disappointed to hear that he may be allowed another chance by the NRL. Surely this guy’s views go against all the values of diversity and inclusion that rugby league tries to promote itself as?

2 Likes