Rugby League

I’m shocked Selwyn Cobbo wasn’t selected! His performance in Game 1 was stunning!

1 Like

Agree he had a great game in Origin I. Slater said he was overlooked because he’s been carrying in injury in the last couple of Broncos games.

1 Like

NSW 46 - QLD 4

Not often you see a scoreline like that in Origin, but a great win to the Women’s U19 tonight!

More of that next week please!

4 Likes

And a double for the Blues tonight.

The NSW Men’s U19 winning 14-10 as well.

Both games were great to watch as well. Definitely some NRL and NRLW players of the future on show tonight.

3 Likes
3 Likes

The NRL will need to announce who the 4 teams and dates for Vegas 2025 will be soon so fans can book travel etc… as early March will be here before we know it!

5 Likes

The whole thing is just an incredibly pointless endeavour to me. America isn’t going to fall in love with rugby league - and all you are doing is creating a getaway weekend for fans from Australia (or NZ), which is fine but a little capitalistic.

1 Like

I’m happy for it, it’s something different and is supposedly only for 5 years… I’d love to go and see my Sharkies play when it’s their turn.

1 Like

Again, the Vegas thing is purely to promote the sport to bettors.

1 Like

Yeah, I recall V’Landys stating that he wants to get 1% of American sports betting market… though I think he needs to shift the decimal point left a few places!

3 Likes

Sadly yes - and the scourge of sports betting spreads further.

2 Likes

Maybe they should give Hawaii a go instead. It isn’t as far away and maybe there might be more potential they will get involved with the sport.

Police have charged a man for allegedly sending a threatening game-day text message to leading NRL referee Adam Gee.

The grand final ref was preparing to drive to Accor Stadium last Friday to control the Broncos v Rabbitohs match when he received the alarming message.

Gee reported the incident to stadium security staff and the NRL integrity unit, who then notified the police.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-2024-police-charge-man-over-referee-text-threat-whats-the-buzz/news-story/035279f17a177e6ea2c5fc452c00ccf2

2 Likes

How they got his number is something I’d like to know? Was there some Doxxing happening here?

1 Like

Former NRL star Jarryd Hayne has won an appeal against his convictions for raping a woman

2 Likes

I imagine this will now pave the way for a sizable compensation claim from Hayne?

Somethings in the water for NSW tonight! Finally working as a team.

2 Likes

It’s been an amazing performance, you’d think it was a whole different team. No one would have seen this coming.

Game gone for QLD now at 34 zip.

I think probably the most dominant half of football in Origin history.

4 Likes

You wouldn’t dare make any changes for Game 3.

2 Likes

Except through injory.

I’ll be interested to see what Slater does with QLD. Does he make wholesale changes, or pick and stick. A lot depends on the 2nd half.

1 Like