Rugby League

The Pacific Championships will be staged in 2023 and 2024, after the NRL and NRLW Premiership seasons, and will include men’s and women’s teams from Australia, New Zealand, Samoa, Tonga, Papua New Guinea, Fiji and Cook Islands.

3 Likes

Bugger. The Dragons played well, and had a chance to beat the Storm.

Close, but no cigar!

1 Like

Good effort from your Dragons @yellow_sock … odd sort of a game finishing 28-38 to the Storm… Dragons had the lead for most of the game, but just couldn’t hold the Storm out. St George Illawarra did better than I thought they might.

In earlier games today, a late penalty goal by Api Koroisau got the Tigers a close and rare win 24-23 against the Dolphins and Penrith had a comfortable 40-14 win over the Gold Coast.

1 Like

2014 South Sydney premiership player Kyle Turner has died.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Seeing Parra beat Panthers 18-32 was not a result I was expecting! - even with a couple of Penrith players missing.

Star Penrith 5/8th Jarome Luai suffered a dislocated shoulder which could have significant implications for Penrith’s premiership ambitions.

The door now opens for the Broncos to claim the minor premiership if they beat the Raiders away on Saturday night and the Storm at home.

4 Likes

Las Vegas Draw 3 March 2024 (as opposed to graphic)

2 Likes

haha suck shit Penrith

1 Like

at the world’s greatest arena, Allegiant Stadium.

a dig at NSW?

So will it be on grass or artificial turf?

How much power does the nrl have? hahaha. Tbh not sure but I’m pretty sure they have a lot more artificial turf over there now.

1 Like

As far as I know, for NFL games they use actual grass while College football uses Turf
Pretty sure the NRL would use the NFL style grass

3 Likes

How many areas does the US have where they could possibly swap out the surfaces completely so they would be playing on a temporary grass field if this did happen? I doubt it though.

Allegiant Stadium is indeed one of those stadiums that can switch out the surface.

4 Likes

That explains it then. I’ve only ever seen one other game at a stadium where this happened.

1 Like

I think the stadium in Phoenix is the other one? Correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

SoFi in LA as well?

Only has an artificial surface.

1 Like

Wests Tigers will pick up the wooden spoon after going down to Sydney Roosters 32-8 this evening. Incoming Tigers coach Benji Marshall has a lot of work to do in the off season to turn things around.

4 Likes

Great to see both Belinda and Kasey referee an NRL game solo. I think they’ll both do a great job. Might make the players behave a bit better too.

4 Likes

These are NRL players, if anything they’ll treat them worse