Rugby League

Honestly don’t get how they used him, if it wasn’t for Trebojevic going off for a HIA he’d probably not have been used.

1 Like

Haha no

Well how it is now is crap.

Queensland may have won the battle, but you haven’t won the war.

Also, make your premier buy a vowel.

Enough.

3 Likes

For what is allegedly one of the current best players in the competition, having Hynes on the bench and only playing him for 15 minutes feels like an utter waste

I’d be seriously considering dropping Tedesco and/or Cleary and bringing in Hynes

After today’s ratings numbers, looks like SOO will be going back to Adelaide :smile:

1 Like

Absolutely. Will Fittler have the ability to make the call…

1 Like

I highly doubt Cleary will be dropped.

Tom Trbojevic is another one who is under pressure to keep his spot.

The crowd was only just above 48,000 which was not a sellout. How many of those tickets would have been given away for free?

If SOO was to return to Adelaide, the organisers will need to reduce ticket prices for some seating categories.

I think the game would have sold out with better promotions. I don’t think the NRL did a particularly good job, I heard that they were calling it “real footy” which wouldn’t have gone down well with AFL diehards.

1 Like

Which is called soccer here.

Someone had to say it.

Football?

As it is called elsewhere.

Again, someone has to say it.

Getting off topic I know…

I think it’s safe to assume there’ll be a new agency that does the NRL’s advertising from now on.

Wrong.

By popular opinion, “real footy” would mean Aussie rules in all states/territory except NSW, QLD and the ACT, where “real footy” means rugby league in the majority.

Just because soccer thinks it should be the only code to be called football doesn’t mean other people can’t call their preferred code “footy” or “football”.

1 Like

True, no one has the guts to actually do it - but his impact on the game last night was negligible. For someone who comes with so much hype, his Origin performances have not been good - makes me wonder if he falls into a similar category as Mitchell Pierce, a great club player that deserves selection, but struggles at representitive level

Given he now won’t play until the team for game 2 is selected, it’s hard to see if he’ll keep his spot.

Not many halves consistently dominate in Origin these days, the defence is just so up and in your face, they don’t get the same amount of space or time to run the plays they can at club level.

Even for QLD, Munster and Cherry-Evans were solid rather than outstanding and they were playing behind a better forward pack.

Except, “my own” would be the rest of the world.

This is Australia, we have our own standards. We are the ones that matter!