Rugby League

I saw the location of Totally Workwear Stadium on Google Maps and noticed that it has several advantages: close to the main road and Eastern Busway, a double storey carpark to the east of the stadium and an established Leagues Club.

2 Likes

No. Yes they may be a good bid but the purpose of expansion should be to expand into areas where there is no NRL team or limited NRL teams.

There is already 4 teams in Queensland. If a fifth team is added they may as well change the name to the QNSWRL because there would be 15/18 teams from those areas. They should be expanding into Perth or Adelaide first.

2 Likes

Queensland has enough love from the NRL. Time for a Pasifika team based on NZ and a WA team.

1 Like

Second NZ team in Christchurch - locate it out of the new stadium where the Crusaders will play from 2026 when it’s built.

Its too much rugby territory down there, league is much more popular on the North Island.

If there is to be a 2nd team from NZ, I think it would have to be based in.Wellington.

Disagree. Canterbury has had a pretty proud domestic competition history in NZ. Plus NRL has done well when they take games there. It’s really grown in the last 15 years as a sport in the South Island.
Christchurch/Canterbury probably underserved with pro sport, whereas Wellington has a pro football team.

1 Like

Then that is perfect then. It would be a great chance to expand into that area.

3 Likes

Let’s have it in the Upper Hunter. :laughing: Scone, Muswellbrook and Singleton can all host games.

Rugby league as a sport has a chequered history in the Middle East, mainly because of its competition with rugby union.

AFAIK Lebanon is the only country to have a current national rugby league team (it played in the last World Cup).

5 Likes
3 Likes

That was a great high quality game tonight, Penrith just too good for Brisbane at 15-4.

Broncos would have beaten most teams with that performance tonight, except maybe also Souths. Worth noting Adam Reynolds didn’t play either.

Crazy try from the Dragons to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat right on the stroke of full time!

Dragons led 12-0 at half time before the Roosters scored 3 tries to take the lead. Final score 24-22.

2 Likes

Dragons wrecked my tipping. Screw the Dragons.

Also, Souths belong at Allianz. Screw the Roosters, they don’t own the joint.

Agree.

Oh and who did you tip in the 3pm game tomorrow?

Against better judgement, your lot. But screw the Sharks in any case.

At least you’ll be happy one way or another, kind of.

I’m never happy.

Also, to the tune of the Battle Hymn of the Republic, “South Sydney sucks on c**k”. :rofl: It works perfectly!

Go the Dragons :slight_smile:

Usually when a caretaker coaches their first match, they tend to win (there must be a good statistic out there regarding this). But then the team ends up losing a few after this. lol

1 Like

Dragons won’t make the finals, even if the interim coach works miracles, like curing cancer, bringing peace to Ukraine and giving me a trillion dollars.