Rugby League

Jetstar still have flights available to BNE tomorrow morning for $129. Flying back to SYD on Monday is more expensive though - between $200 to $400.

Hotel rooms are not cheap in the Brisbane CBD this weekend though - but they are still available - at about $500 a night I think.

1 Like

At this stage, the Sharks are going to ruin my perfect round by losing. Turn the Sharks into shark fin soup.

They were woeful tonight :sob:

Well, three somewhat unexpected results today to cap off Magic Round

Wests Tigers 18 d St George Illawarra Dragons 16
NQ Cowboys 20 d Sydney Roosters 6
GC Titans 26 d Parramatta Eels 24

That’s 2 wins in a row now for the Tigpies, Parra’s Top 8 chances are looking a bit shaky after making the Grand Final last year.

I was really impressed with South Sydney’s performance last night. Melbourne weren’t bad by any stretch of the imagination, Souths were just too good. I think Penrith are the only team that could stop Souths in that kind of form.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Great win by the Storm over the Broncos tonight (24-16) despite some questionable referee / bunker decisions that fortunately didn’t affect the outcome.

Which means if Souths beat the Wests Tigers on Saturday (who by the way are shooting for their 3rd win in a row), the Bunnies will go to the top of the ladder. Surely the Tiges can’t conjure another upset!?

2 Likes

Never. In. Doubt.

(In so far as: as soon as I tipped the Bronx, I knew the Storm would win)

The standard of refereeing outside the top couple of officials in the NRL is appallingly bad. I don’t like criticising the officials too much but the bar is so, so low. We saw that again last night

2 Likes

Last night’s refeering was the worst I’ve seen all year, not just on field, but the bunker too.

2 Likes

Yep - it was an absolute mess.

The Bronx can jam it up their coight. So can the Storm. Wrecking my tipping for the weekend.

So can the refs.

If I was in a tipping comp, I think I would have tipped Brisbane too. But I’m happy Storm won.

Some very intriguing games still to come this weekend.

I plan to watch Panthers vs Roosters tonight, and on Sunday, Knights vs Titans and Sea Eagles vs Sharks.

1 Like

NRL Tipping 2023 :eyes:

The last time I was in a tipping comp (about 5 years ago at work), I won it (against about 40 people) and I won about $300.

So I decided there and then to retire from tipping comps and go out on a high!

And as I had been in them for about 20 years and become a bit over the routine of it all and being a bit too focussed on the tips and now I can just relax and enjoy the games a bit more.

2 Likes

I’d argue that the standard is poor across the whole panel of referees and rapidly dropping

The NRL wants to get rid of the refs and introduce interactive home referees - like in Fahrenheit 451. :rofl:

Once they get microchips into footballs, that should help a lot with forward passes and knock ons. Not sure how technology can help with rulings on tackles though.

Ideally that would be a good thing. But I can see them bugger this up.

2 Likes

Good.

1 Like